Please note: Some of these forms take a little time to download. Your patience is appreciated. 

  • DEPA 
    Sample DEPA Form (form for Disclosure of External Professional Activities). 
  • Monitoring Report Form 
    Monitoring Form 
    Monitoring Form
    To be used by disclosers who have a MOU with a monitoring component; to be completed and returned to the COIC Office in conjunction with annual DEPA submission, or when otherwise requested. Either format may be used. The discloser's signature is required.
  • COI Reporting at other CU Campuses 
    Each campus within the University of Colorado system has its own office for Conflicts of Interest, and reporting system. See the following links for the non-Boulder campuses:
    University of Colorado Colorado Springs (
    University of Colorado Denver (Denver and Anschutz campuses)
  • Reporting at CU Boulder
    Administrative E-memo From Provost Office & RIO Jan 2017
  • Self-Authored Books, etc.
    Use of Self-Authored Instructional Material Approval Form
    During the DEPA reporting process, disclosers are asked to certify that department approval has been obtained for self-authored instructional material that is required in classes taught at CU. Copies of this approval form remains housed with the discloser and department (if required);it is not submitted to the COIC Office.
  • Purchasing Matters
    Procurement Service Center (PSC) Conflict of Interest Evaluation Form
    Use this form for purchasing requests that may involve a potential or actual conflict of interest, for example, arrangements involving a family member, your personal business, a possible or perceived advantage to a specific vendor, etc.
  • Consulting Activities
    Specific information about consulting/engaging in professional activities outside of the university can be found by job classification in the sections entitled "Outside Employment". In addition, university employees in academic/research positions are responsible for:
    (a) including the Standard Addendum for Consulting and Third Party Employment into external agreements in order to avoid conflict with the University's Intellectual Property policy; 
    (b) providing updated dislcosure reports (DEPAs);
    (c) being aware of the roles/responsibilities and limitations related to graduate student involvement in faculty affiliated entities. 
  • Outside Employment, Faculty Titles
    Consulting Approval Form (1/6th Rule). During the DEPA reporting process, disclosers are asked to certify that department approval for "consulting" (up to 1/6th time) outside of the University has been obtained. Pertains to all faculty titles: Research Associates, Professional Research Assistants, Research Professors, tenured & tenure track faculty, lecturer & instructor rank faculty as well as administrators with faculty rank. Copies of this approval form remain housed with the discloser and department; it is not submitted to the COIC Office.
  • Outside Employment, Graduate Students on RA Appointments
    In addition to the link below, be certain to review the Conflicts of Interest and Graduate Student Primer
    Guidance on Outside Employment for Graduate RAs
  • Outside Employment, Officers & Prof Exempt
    CU Boulder - Outside Consulting  
    CU System - Outside Consulting & Service on External Boards
  • Outside Employment, Classified Staff
    See Multiple Classified Appointments
  • Utilization/Rental of University Research Space for Private Use 
    Use/sharing of university space and facilities for non-university research requires review and approval per the process outlined.
    Private Use Space Request Form
    Contacts: Steven Stasica and Rebecca Fell 
  • Transactions with External Entities involving Funds 28 or 29; External Sales & Service Activities (ESA) 
    Because of the serious consequences if accounting and reporting procedures are not properly handled regarding these activities, please contact the Office of Contracts and Grants at:
  • The Office of Industry Collaboration 
    Connects industry inquiries to CU Boulder resources and supports internal CU Boulder researchers wanting to work with industry. 
  • Technology Transfer Office (TTO) 
    For information governing: Consulting, Intellectual Property (IP); patents/ licensing/copyrights/trademarks for discoveries/inventions/educational materials and software; start-up company development; materials transfer agreements. Brynmor Rees is the primary contact for TTO issues related to Conflicts of Interest at CU Boulder.
  • Acceptance of Sponsorships 
    Industry paid speaking engagements are expected to be reported via the DEPA. Both income and time spent engaged in the reported activity will be reviewed in regard to conflicts of interest and committment. The Office of University Controller provides general guidance for acceptance and acknolwedgment of event sponsorships
  • Gift in Kind
    The Office of University Controller sets forth the processes governing the acceptance of gifts in kind by the University and contact information.
  • Acceptance of Gifts or Economic Benefits as Rewards or Inducements
    In Colorado, an employee of a public institution of higher education is considered a "government employee" and subject to the provisions of the Colorado Consititution Article XXIX Ethics in Government Amendment 41 and Rules of Conduct as stipulated in 24-18-104
  • Faculty Acting as Unversity Instructors Over Family Members
    Please refer to the Boulder Faculty Assembly Handbook; Part II Professional Responsibilities, Ethical Principles, & Faculty Conduct; Section A: Teaching and Students; Ethical Principles; 1. Expected Conduct, items m and n.