About FERPA Consent
FERPA consent to release allows a parent or authorized third party to contact the university on behalf of the student about educational or financial records.
To authorize access to your other university-maintained records, see:
- Release of Medical Information
- Student Conduct Confidentiality & Notification Policy
- Housing and Dining Services
Authorize a Parent or Third Party
- Log in to the student portal.
- Click the Student tab, if applicable.
- Click to expand the Profile & Settings menu on the right side of the page.
- Click Manage Profile and Privacy.
- In the pop-up menu, click FERPA Release.
- Click Authorize/Edit FERPA Consent to Release.
- Enter the first and last name of the person and/or organization (if applicable) you want to grant access to.
- Set a password that is unique to this specific parent or third party. They must provide this password when contacting CU Boulder about your record.
- Select the records category you'd like them to be able to access and/or discuss.
- Click Save. A confirmation message will let you know whether the save was successful.