All scholarships and University Fellowship allocations should be requested utilizing the forms on the Office of Financial Aid's site.*
Instructions are available in the User Guide. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate Student Appointment Manual
- Top 10 Graduate Student Appointment Rules
- ACA FAQ for Graduate Appointments
- Petition for Graduate Student Overload Appointment Form
- Summer Session Payment Memo
- At Will Termination Letter
- Hiring International Student Employees Working Outside of the U.S. - Please review the FSI Notification Form, with your affected employee, for critical information related to international employees working remotely from outside the U.S. If the hiring authority and employee acknowledge and agree to the information and requirements outlined on the form:
- The hiring department should email email@example.com, with a cc to the employee, and should attach the fully signed FS1 form and a copy of the signed offer letter.
- Employees who have previously met with an International Tax Specialist should reply all and provide their current immigration status and program end date.
- The International Tax Office will review our records to determine whether additional information or documentation is needed from the employee.
- Employees who have not already met with an International Tax Specialist should complete the SPT questionnaire and reply all with a copy of the completed questionnaire.
- The International Tax Office will review the form and request additional information or documentation as needed from the employee.
- The International Tax Office will advise the employee about their requirement to schedule an appointment with the International Tax Office.
- The International Tax Office will communicate directly with employees regarding tax withholding and reporting requirements specific to individual employee circumstances.
- Additional Notes: - It is best to wait and submit notification form once new students are entered into the HR system and have EMP IDs.
- On the questionnaire form, employees don’t need to fill out Q1 and Q2 (can enter “n/a” here). If a student hasn’t been to the U.S., they can list “n/a” for Q3. (if a student came on vacation, they do need to list these dates for Q3).
- We appreciate your careful adherence to the steps outlined above which will help us to most efficiently monitor and manage the taxation of your employee. Please also remember to communicate any changes to the anticipated work arrangement and any planned or actual U.S. entries to the International Office as soon as possible to avoid potential negative tax consequences.
- Offer Letter for International Students Working Abroad
- FSI Notification Form
- FSI and non-employee SPT Questionnaire
- Instructional Positions (TA & GPTI)
- GPTI Salary Spreadsheet
- TA Salary Spreadsheet
- Faculty oath
- TA/GPTI Reentry Decision Tree - If a TA/GPTI requests remote-only teaching based on underlying medical conditions, the student should begin that process by informing the employing department and then filling out the Leave Request Form FFCRA and submitting it to the FMLA email address on the form.
- Non-Instructional Postions (RA & GA)
- Student Faculty Offer Letters
- Tuition Remission Training
Tuition Remission Training is offered twice a year prior to the beginning of the fall and spring terms. View a copy of the presentation and a recording of the Fall 2020 Tuition Remission Training.
- Export Control
Information and Training on Export Control Regulations