Research Grants

Dissertation/MFA Completion Fellowships

Travel Grants

  • Center for British and Irish Studies' Ogilvy Travel Fellowship
  • CHA Eaton Graduate Student Travel Awards
  • Graduate & Professional Student Government Travel Grants
  • Graduate School Student Travel Grants
    The Graduate School offers partial funding for graduate students to present research findings at meetings or conferences outside Colorado. The Graduate School provides a travel grant of $450 for domestic conferences and $700 for international conferences. There are three application cycles per year for domestic (including Mexico and Canada) and international (excluding Mexico and Canada) travel.
    • The application for travel occurring 9/1/23-12/31/23 will open Aug. 16 12:01am - Aug. 18 11:59pm MST.
    • The application for travel occurring 1/1/23-4/30/23 will open Dec. 12 12:01am - Dec. 15 11:59pm MST.
    • The application for travel occurring 5/1/23-8/31/23 will Apr. 11 12:01am - Apr. 14 11:59pm MST.
    • Applications are only open and available during the period listed. 
    • All students and faculty planning research- and education-related travel over the coming months should consult the university’s guidelines and recommendations
  • Graduate Student Global Enrichment Fund
    Available to both in-bound and out-bound graduate students, whether degree-seeking at CU or abroad to support travel and relocation costs (up to $2,000) to foster global student research opportunities aligned with strategic institutions and/or CU research areas.

Other Awards & Grants

Emergency Funding

Note: CU Boulder has a responsibility to provide a safe and nondiscriminatory environment. If you disclose in an application having been impacted by sexual misconduct, protected-class discrimination or harassment, intimate partner violence, stalking, or related retaliation, we are required to share that information to the CU Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC) for outreach regarding support and reporting options.  You are not required to respond to OIEC. If you are in need of support, click here for a list of resources, including confidential assistance. If you have questions before you want to submit this type of information, please contact the confidential Office of Victim Assistance.
Additionally, please note that the university takes disclosures around threat of harm to self or others seriously and when information of this nature is received, it will be shared with the appropriate offices to offer additional support and resources.