Here are some general reminders to guide you through the financial aid process:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens Oct. 1 and must be completed each year. We encourage you to complete the FAFSA before Feb.15 as some funds are limited and may run out. Get details about the financial aid timeline and process.
- Check your CU Boulder email address for communications from our office.
- You will continue to check your financial aid status via Buff Portal.
- If you borrowed Federal Direct Loans all you have to do is accept the loans in Buff Portal.
- If your parent has already borrowed Federal PLUS Loans, they do not have to complete another MPN, but they do have to complete the PLUS loan application and any required forms to accept the loan.
- We check your academic progress at the end of each semester, so review the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy to make sure you are not in danger of losing future financial aid.
View the types of aid you may be eligible for.
TIP: Read your email – it is how we will notify you about missing documents, your application status, and your award offer.