Here are some general reminders to guide you through the financial aid process:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens October 1 and must be completed each year. We encourage you to complete the FAFSA before February 15 as some funds are limited and may run out. Get details about the 2018-19 financial aid process.
- Check your @colorado.edu email address for communications from our office.
- You will continue to check your financial aid status via MyCUInfo.
- If you borrowed Federal Direct Loans all you have to do is accept the loans on MyCUInfo.
- If your parent has already borrowed Federal PLUS Loans, they do not have to complete another MPN, but they do have to complete the necessary forms to accept the loan.
- We do check your academic progress at the end of each semester, so review the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy to make sure you are not in danger of losing future financial aid.
View the types of aid you may be eligible for.
TIP: Read your email – it is how we will notify you about missing documents, your application status, and your award offer.