The ICE Series is a weekly presentation and discussion series dedicated to empowering students to take charge of their future in the environmental field. The ICE talks began in Spring semester 2002. The ICE committee, comprised of Dale Miller the faculty sponsor and several students, arranges the speakers and coordinates the talks. Contact Dale.Miller@Colorado.edu or 303-492-6629.
By bringing environmental professionals to campus to share their perspectives on a wide range of environmental careers, the ICE talks provide a unique opportunity for students to enhance their awareness of environmental career opportunities and interact with experts in the field. Each session provides an overview of a specific environmental career path, followed by time for questions and discussion.
Students on the ICE committee and attendees of the talks receive the benefit of meeting and making contacts with professionals and academics, and of helping to organize a useful,public service for the campus community.
All talks are free and open to all students.
ICE talk Goals:
- Empower students to take charge of their future in the environmental field.
- Bring definition and depth to students’awareness of career opportunities in the environmental field.
- Create opportunities for students to interact and network with environmental professionals.
- Increase awareness within area professionals of CU Environmental Studies students to aid in recruiting.
- Strengthen ties between the environmental community on campus–Environmental Studies Program, Environmental Center, Environmental Program, and student environmental clubs.
Spring 2021 Schedule
Join us on the dates below from 5:15 - 6:15 PM via Zoom, https://cuboulder.zoom.us/j/95281680636.
- Emily Gulick, Environmental Planner at Jacobs Engineering Group
- Verity Noble, Nude Foods Market
- Cristina Diaz Borda, Social Media and Marketing Coordinator, Denver Zoo
- Hannah Collazo, State Director, Environment Colorado
- ENVS Internship Fair from 3 - 4:30 PM *Live! Via Zoom
- Sarah Rae, Superfund Enforcement Attorney, EPA Region 8, Denver, CO
- Merritt Turetsky, Director, Institute for Arctic and Alpine Research and EBIO, CU Boulder
- Kevin Nikolaus, Engineer II for the Ocean Bottom Seismology Instrumentation Center, Woods Hold Oceanographic Institute
- Carly Cipolla, Director of Operations, American Solar Energy Society
Spring 2021 Schedule