We know you want to support your student and you might not always know what resources are available or where your student can turn to get some additional help. Here you will find upcoming events and resources tailored to help you support your student throughout their career as a CU Boulder Engineering Buff. If you have questions or have suggestions for other resources to include here, please feel free to reach out to the First Year Experience Coordinator, Maura Hollister, at Maura.Hollister@colorado.edu.
Upcoming Opportunities to Connect:
- Engineering Buff Family Workshop & Webinar Series:
- Thursday, May 26th @ 11am Mountain Time: This webinar is intended to provide general information about what your student can expect this summer. We will review important college resources, placement test requirements, enrollment and advising processes, and answer live questions from attendees. This is a listening session with opportunity for a live Q&A at the end, no active participation is required in the session. (Link will be updated by May 20)
- Thursday, June 30th @ 12pm Mountain Time: This informal coffee-hour-type session is meant to help new Engineering Buff Families get to know each other and ask questions and share insights while getting additional context and advice from our professional advising and student support staff. This is an active session, not just a listening session! We will utilize break out rooms to help facilitate some small group discussion. (Link will be updated by May 20)
- Wednesday, August 3rd @ 4pm Mountain Time: This large meeting will help answer final questions as you prepare your student for the start of the fall semester. There will be opportunity to ask questions, find resources, and hear from other parents and families who are all going through the same transition. This is a listening and discussion session; and you can be as active or passive as you would like. (Link will be updated by May 20)
- Check out more opportunities to engage with new families across the CU Boulder community on the New Student & Family Programs New Buff Families website.
- College of Engineering Family Weekend Reception
- Date & Time: TBD, Hosted as part of Family Weekend October 13-16
- Loctation: TBD
- Description: We are so lucky to have your student in our college and we want to do our best to support you while you support them through their college journey. Join members of our college leadership, academic support & advising team, as well as folks from popular student resources to learn how your student can get involved and connected.
Engineering Support Resources for Families
Is your student struggling in a particular class or do they need help developing new learning and study strategies? Do they need help connecting with other students or connection with one of our embedded councilors? You can find those resources and more in the following links!
- Academic Support & Tutoring
- Peer Academic Coaching
- Academic Success Workshops
- Time Management & Study Tips
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Ask your student about Course Alerts
- Engineering Student Societies & Orgs
- BOLD Affinity-Based STEM Societies
- Internships, Resumes, and More with ProReady
Connect with Families & Resources Outside of Engineering
- Check out the Family Webinars and Coffee Hours and other opportunities to connect with families across campus Family Involvement website.