Congratulations on transferring into CU Boulder Engineering!
New Transfer from Outside CU Boulder
If you are a new transfer student transferring from outside of CU Boulder, you should:
- Complete the New Student & Family Programs Online Experience and consider attending an optional “Welcome Day” to visit campus (view the New Student & Family Programs website)
- Learn about student computer ownership and computer recommendations
- Review your transfer credit evaluation to see if/how your previous courses transfer in
- Degree Audit
- Gather course descriptions and course syllabi
- During your course registration window, you’ll complete the course registration process for your first set of classes at CU Boulder. After conferring with your academic advisor about what courses to take, you’ll complete the registration process online yourself from home.
All new transfer students (including new IUTs) should:
- Learn about course and other requirements for your major
- Degree Audit
- Block Diagram
- Major/Department Program web site
- Determine if/how previously completed coursework applies toward your new major
- Connect with your academic advisor
As a new transfer student in the College of Engineering & Applied Science, your biggest challenge will be getting connected with your major and the broader engineering community – consider getting involved with engineering societies and student groups, research and service opportunities, and preparing for internships. Visit our Active Learning and Engineering Career Services web pages to learn more. Please also familiarize yourself with resources for academic and personal success – the sooner you take advantage of these resources, the better!