If you are a College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) B.S. degree student thinking about changing your major (or adding a second major) within the CEAS, first follow these steps to gather information about the degree program you are considering:
- Review a “what-if” degree audit for the degree program(s) you are considering, to learn more about degree requirements and how your current credits would apply.
- Use the Recommended Four-Year Plan of Study in conjunction with the "what-if" degree audit to draft an initial semester-by-semester graduation plan for your desired degree program.
If you are ready to change your major after completing the steps above, you'll then need to meet with an Academic Advisor in the major you’d like to declare. In that meeting, the Advisor will review the degree plan and requirements, answer any timely questions you may have, and initiate the official change of major process.
You can meet with any Academic Advisor on campus during Advising Open Hours every Monday from 1-3pm. Click on the Meet with Different Advisor tile in Buff Portal Advising to find Advisor availability in your desired major (for more help, see below for a step-by-step guide).
If you are a CEAS B.A. in Computer Science student thinking about changing your major (or adding a second major) within the CEAS, first meet with your current academic advisor to discuss your plans. You'll need to meet the within-CEAS internal-B.S. admission criteria in order to switch into or add a CEAS B.S. degree program. Those criteria are the same as the Intra-University Transfer requirements for fall 2022 forward.
If you are an Engineering Open Option student ready to declare your major, first meet with your current academic advisor to discuss your interests and learn more about your desired major. If you decide to change to that major, your current academic advisor will initiate the online change of major process for you.
If you are a currently a CEAS student and want to switch (or add) your major to one outside of the Engineering College, you'll need to complete an Intra-University Transfer (IUT) to be admitted to a new major/college.
If you are not currently a CEAS student but would like to switch to (or add) a CEAS major, you'll need to complete an IUT to be admitted.
Buff Portal Advising will display advising meetings and other options based on your selections.
- Log in to Buff Portal Advising.
- Navigate to the Student Services section and click on the Meet with Different Advisor tile.
- Select the appropriate option.
- Select the college, program, or school of interest to narrow the majors or minors listed. This step is optional with ALL as the default setting.
- Choose the Major or Minor of interest.
- Select Schedule an Advisor Appointment Now!