- Financial Aid | Learn more about the financial aid process as a transfer student at CU Boulder.
- Scholarships | There are multiple scholarship opportunities for transfer students. Make sure to review criteria and deadlines to apply.
- Off-campus housing | Need help finding housing off-campus? Access our online housing database, Ralphie’s List, with your IdentiKey and password.
- On-campus housing | On-campus housing has limited options for transfer students. Transfer students who do live on campus, live in Apartment Style living.
- Transfer Buffs LLC | Live on campus and connect with other Transfer Buffs and communities.
Basic Needs Center
The Basic Needs Center is a one-stop support service for students seeking assistance for their essential needs. The center provides equitable access to basic needs for students during their time at CU Boulder and helps them develop the skills needed to navigate emergencies.
Intra-University Transfer (IUT)
An Intra-University Transfer (IUT) allows current undergraduate students to change, add or drop a degree program involving two different colleges, schools or programs within CU Boulder. Plan to meet with your academic advisor prior to requesting an IUT.
Pre-Transfer Advising is a resource for students planning to transfer to the University of Colorado Boulder. We provide preliminary advising for prospective and newly admitted transfer students in order to facilitate a successful transition to the university
Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Review your transfer credit evaluation
- Review your degree audit
- Additional transfer credit resources
Additional Campus Resources
- CU Boulder has many resources to help you get involved on campus, find help and support, learn how to stay healthy, get connected to peers and more.
- CU Boulder is excited to welcome transfer students to our Buff community! We have resources and support available no matter where you are in the admissions process. For questions specific to transfer admissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or meet with a transfer admissions counselor.
Transfer Student Courses
- FYXP 3000: Transfer Success Seminar
This success seminar course is designed to assist first semester transfer students, with their transition to the University of Colorado Boulder. Through this course transfer students learn about various campus and academic resources applicable to an upper-division student; evaluate their skills, interests, strengths and education as they relate to overall career goals; and establish an encouraging transfer student community. This small, interactive seminar course is limited to 25 students per section.
- COEN 3100: Engineering Transfer Success Seminar
This course is designed for transfer students to the College of Engineering and Applied Science to aid in a successful transition from another two- or four-year institution and was developed using input from current transfer students. Through this course transfer students will learn about various college, campus and academic resources applicable to an upper-division student; evaluate their skills, explore relevant issues associated with transfer students and the engineering profession, build on strengths and education as they relate to overall career goals, and establish a supportive transfer student community.
Transfer Student Groups and Organizations
- Tau Sigma National Honor Society
This society recognizes the academic achievement of transfer students. Students meeting the eligibility requirements will be notified in their first semester at CU Boulder. Contact email@example.com with questions or for more information.
- Non-Traditional Student Organization (NTSO)
The NTSO is a community of non-traditional students providing support for each other, both academically and professionally, and to make the transition back into school easier for new adult students.
Academic Engagement Opportunities
Take advantage of academic engagement opportunities! We encourage you to plan ahead and explore programs early in your academic journey, as many opportunities have upcoming applications and deadlines.
New Student Welcome
Now that you have confirmed your intent to enroll at CU Boulder, make sure to complete important next steps. Your New Student Welcome Experience will provide detailed steps specific to transfer students.