Fall break is just around the corner. Many campus services including dining, bus transportation and residence hall front desk hours will be reduced throughout fall break. Whether you live on or off campus, review some reminders and tips before you leave town.
All residence halls and Bear Creek remain open for any resident throughout fall break. Residence hall access doors will be locked and accessible by current residents only.
Before you leave for break:
- Close and lock windows and close blinds.
- Unplug electrical appliances (residence hall students only).
- Clean your micro-fridge and set it to low (residence hall students only).
- Set your heaters on low.
- Remove trash and recycling from the building.
- Turn off your lights.
- Make sure your room door is completely closed and locked.
- Remember to pack all important documents or valuable items such as plane tickets, ID and passport, jewelry, medicines, etc.
- Store bikes in your room during breaks if space is available and they do not block exits.
If you are leaving for break:
- Before leaving, find someone willing to clear snow off your property. Snow must be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours of a snowfall.
- Ask a friend to collect your mail and pick up newspapers and trash in your yard. If you’ll be gone longer, consider having the post office hold your mail while you’re away.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked. Move expensive items like laptops away from windows where they may be visible, or bring them with you. Make sure your bike is securely locked, or bring it inside if you can.
- Set your lights on a timer and your heat to a reasonable temperature, about 60 degrees, to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Don’t leave pets by themselves. Find someone to take care of them while you are away.
Campus Dining Services
On-campus dining options will be limited during fall break. View dining hours and closures during fall and winter breaks.
Getting around campus
The Buff Bus will cease normal operations at the end of the regular schedule on Friday, Nov. 17. No service will be offered Nov. 18–25. Standard Buff Bus service resumes on Sunday, Nov. 26 or Monday, Nov. 27 (depending on the route).
CU NightRide will be closed Nov. 18–26. We encourage you to consider alternative transportation options through CU Boulder Parking & Transportation Services.
University Memorial Center
The UMC and The Connection will have limited hours on Nov. 17 and Nov. 20–22. These locations will be closed Nov. 18–19 and Nov. 23–26.
The Buff Pantry supports all campus affiliates who are experiencing food insecurity. Over fall break, the Buff Pantry will be open Monday, Nov. 20, from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. The Buff Pantry will be closed Tuesday, Nov. 21, through Monday, Nov. 27, and will resume normal hours on Tuesday, Nov. 28. The Buff Pantry is located in the University Memorial Center (UMC) basement 1B73, near the lower level of the CU Book Store.
Health and Wellness Services
Health and Wellness Services departments will have adjusted hours over fall break.
Career Services will offer virtual express appointments Nov. 20–21 and will be closed Nov. 22–26.
Norlin Library and Norlin commons will have adjusted hours leading up to and over fall break:
- Nov. 18–19: Closed
- Nov. 20: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Nov. 21: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Nov. 22: 9 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Nov. 23–26: Closed
All other campus libraries will be closed Nov. 18–26.