The Office of Faculty Affairs is delighted to announce the 2023–24 fellows for the Faculty Leadership Institute (FLI). FLI identifies, fosters and supports emerging leaders as they prepare to further their leadership trajectory. FLI fellows engage in monthly meetings that alternate between leadership development workshops and opportunities to meet with academic leaders across campus.
“The Faculty Leadership Institute provides faculty with a special opportunity to build community and grow their networks across campus, as well as to engage in professional development in a friendly and generative setting,” said Michele Moses, vice provost for faculty affairs. “FLI supports the growth of academic leaders, whether they are faculty who specialize in teaching or clinical education or faculty on the tenure track.”
FLI helps identify and support emerging leaders; it provides an opportunity for faculty across the CU Boulder campus to work together to break down barriers and build community, collaboration and connectedness across schools, programs and departments. FLI also offers each cohort the opportunity to engage in targeted discussions with campus leaders on current campus issues and to build leadership skills. Since its inception in 2013, FLI has had over 150 fellows.
Congratulations to this year’s FLI fellows:
- Nabilah Carlon, Teaching Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Sebastian Casalaina-Martin, Professor and Department Chair, Mathematics
- Erin Espelie, Associate Professor, Cinema Studies & Moving Image Arts
- Jolene Fisher, Assistant Professor, Advertising, Public Relations and Media Design
- Karen Gebhardt, Director for Undergraduate Online Learning and Director of the Online Economics Program
- Andrew Goodwin, Associate Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Dejun "Tony" Kong, Associate Professor, Organizational Leadership
- Christopher Lowry, Associate Professor, Integrative Physiology
- Rahul Nandkishore, Associate Professor, Physics
- S.N. Nyeck, Associate Professor, Africana Studies, Political Economy, & Gender and Queer Studies
- Rachel Rinaldo, Associate Professor, Sociology
- Shawhin Roudbari, Assistant Professor, Environmental Design & Co-Director, CEDar
- Núria Silleras-Fernández, Associate Professor, Spanish and Portuguese & Women and Gender Studies
- Julie Steinbrenner, Teaching Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Noah Zikmund, Teaching Associate Professor, Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics
If you have questions about this faculty leadership program, contact Anu Sharma, faculty fellow for the Faculty Leadership Institute.