Fall break is just around the corner. Many campus services including dining, bus transportation and residence hall front desk hours will be reduced throughout fall break. Whether you live on or off campus, review some reminders and tips before you leave town.
All residence halls and Bear Creek remain open for any resident throughout the duration of fall break. Residence hall access doors will be locked and accessible by current residents only.
Before you leave:
- Make sure windows are closed and locked, and blinds are closed.
- Unplug electrical appliances (residence hall students only).
- Clean your micro-fridge and set to low (residence hall students only).
- Set your heaters on low.
- Remove trash and recycling from the building.
- Turn off your lights.
- Make sure your room door is completely closed and locked.
- Remember to pack all important documents or valuable items such as plane tickets, ID and passport, jewelry, medicines, etc.
- Store bikes in your room during breaks, if space is available and they do not block exits.
If you are leaving:
- Before you leave, find someone willing to clear snow off of your property. Snow must be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours of a snow fall.
- Ask a friend to collect your mail and pick up newspapers and/or trash in your yard. If you’ll be gone for a longer period of time, consider having the post office hold your mail while you’re away.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked. Move any expensive items such as laptops away from windows where they may be visible, or bring them with you. Make sure your bike is securely locked, or bring it inside if you can.
- Set your lights on a timer and your heat to a reasonable temperature, about 60 degrees, to prevent any pipes freezing.
- Don’t leave pets by themselves. Find someone to take care of them while you are away.
Campus Dining Services
On-campus dining options will be limited during fall break. View dining hours and closures during fall and winter breaks.
Getting around campus
The Buff Bus will cease normal operations at the end of the normal schedule on Friday, Nov. 18. No service will be offered Nov. 19–26. Regular Buff Bus service resumes on Sunday, Nov. 27, or Monday, Nov. 28 (depending on the route).
University Memorial Center
The UMC and The Connection will have limited hours Nov. 19–22 and Nov. 26; these locations will be closed Nov. 23–25 and Nov. 27.
The Buff Pantry supports all campus affiliates who are experiencing food insecurity. Over fall break, the Buff Pantry will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 21. The Buff Pantry is located in the University Memorial Center (UMC) basement 1B73, near the lower level of the CU Book Store.
Health and Wellness Services
Health and Wellness Services departments will have adjusted hours over fall break.
Career Services will offer virtual express appointments Nov. 21–22 and will be closed Nov. 24–27. During break, use technology tools to support your job and internship search and receive a free Bluetooth speaker! Follow the steps outlined on the Career Services website to be eligible.
Norlin Library and Norlin commons will have adjusted hours leading up to and over fall break:
- Nov. 19–20: Closed
- Nov. 21: 9:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Nov. 22: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Nov. 23–27: Closed
All other campus libraries will be closed Nov. 19–25.