Through the spring semester, campus officials are providing weekly updates through CU Boulder Today and weekly Campus Q&As.
Boulder County approves new COVID-19 dial
Boulder County is anticipated to be in Level Blue from April 16 until at least May 16, 2021, as Boulder County Public Health adopts a Boulder County COVID-19 dial framework.
State pauses Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine distribution
The state indicated on April 12 that people who received a Janssen, known as Johnson & Johnson, vaccine in the last three weeks should monitor for specific symptoms. CU Boulder has not distributed Janssen vaccines since March 5, 2021. CU Boulder is not currently receiving Janssen vaccines and will continue to follow state and federal guidelines.
Students receiving a COVID-19 vaccine from CU Boulder in April
If you will be heading home and will not be able to return to campus for your second dose, you’ll need to do the following:
- If after your first dose, you cannot attend your automatically scheduled second dose appointment, please call Patient Access Services at 303-492-5101 to cancel.
- You should plan to look for a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in your home city or state. However, know that it could be harder to find a second dose at a location that is different from where you received your first dose.
- If you aren’t able to get a second dose at the designated time (21 days for Pfizer after your first dose or 28 days for Moderna after your first dose) it’s still important to schedule an appointment with another provider to receive your second dose as soon as you’re able to.
Already received a COVID-19 vaccine? Please opt out of notifications from CU Boulder
To help ensure that those who have not yet received a notification of vaccine availability are promptly notified, please opt out of receiving COVID-19 vaccine opportunities at CU Boulder if you have received a COVID-19 vaccine elsewhere. If you have already received a COVID-19 vaccine elsewhere, please update your status on the COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility and Status Update Form.
CU Boulder COVID-19 vaccine appointments for Phase 2 individuals
COVID-19 vaccine appointments have started to be offered to individuals in Phase 2 based on the received supply. It will likely take several weeks before all individuals in Phase 2 receive an invitation to schedule an appointment at CU Boulder. All faculty, staff and students who signed up as part of phase 1.B4 have received an invitation to schedule an appointment.
Sign up to join the COVID-19 vaccine stand-by list
CU Boulder is offering the option to be placed on a stand-by list for when extra vaccine doses are available due to appointment cancellations.
CU Boulder faculty, staff and students will need to:
- Provide a valid mobile phone number.
- Be able to get to campus within one hour of being contacted.
- Bring their Buff OneCard with them.
Please fill out the CU Boulder COVID-19 Vaccine Stand-by Appointment Sign Up Form to be notified of stand-by COVID-19 vaccine appointment opportunities.
Whether or not you choose to sign up for the stand-by list, you will be automatically notified each time vaccines arrive at CU Boulder until you receive the vaccine at CU Boulder or you opt out of being notified about vaccine opportunities. Again, you may opt out via the COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility and Status Update Form.
The COVID-19 vaccine is available through community vaccination clinics throughout the state. CU Boulder faculty, staff and students are encouraged to get the COVID-19 vaccine at their first available opportunity.
- Four reasons to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccine safety and information from Medical Services.
- Answers to common vaccine questions.
Notification of COVID-19 vaccine type
As CU Boulder faculty, staff and students become eligible, they will be notified of the specific vaccine that will be administered in their appointment scheduling invitation email.
COVID-19 vaccination status and monitoring testing requirements
If you are required to complete weekly monitoring testing based on your role with CU Boulder, you will continue to be required to participate regardless of when/if you are fully vaccinated.
- The Campus Q&As are held at noon each Tuesday and continue throughout the spring semester.