The BA program in theatre is a broad-based program of theatre practice and study for the student seeking a foundational theatre education rather than specializing in a single track. The BA is an ideal fit for those who want to explore multiple disciplines within the theatre or double-major outside of the department. It also serves as the core of studies for a student who wishes to pursue further theatre training in one of the BFA areas of concentration.
- No auditions are required prior to being admitted to the theatre BA program
- Apply to the University of Colorado Boulder through the main Admissions page
- Admission is based on the College of Arts & Sciences criteria
- All students enter in the BA degree plan
- Students who enter as freshmen may apply for a BFA concentration if desired at the end of their second semester (the BFA in Musical Theatre is an exception–see the BFA Musical Theatre Application)
- The BA degree program in theatre requires 44 credit hours in theatre, 3 in dance and 6 in dramatic literature and/or global arts outside the department.
- A grade of C- or better is needed in each required course
- An overall theatre GPA of 2.00
Requirements & List of Courses Plan of Study
Find Registration Help Request More Information Apply Now to CU