Spring 2021 RIO Webinars
Are you planning to submit a proposal to the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Fellowship program? Join Donna Axel at this brief kickoff introduction to RIO’s Arts and Humanities Fellowship Writing Series. From January through early April, participants will draft proposals and participate in peer editing to hone the narrative portion of their NEH Fellowship applications before the NEH April 14, 2021 deadline.
Part of the NEH Fellowship program, this webinar will provide an opportunity to consider the detailed categories and requirements for NEH Fellowship proposals. Donna Axel will demystify the solicitation, bring attention to key details for developing a strong proposal, and share sample categories used in winning narratives. This is a great opportunity to ask any questions you might have before beginning your draft!
Are you planning on submitting a new NIH R01 proposal for the standard June due date? The NIH R01 Commit-to-Submit Writing Program can help get you there! Led by Research & Innovation Office Proposal Writer Jim Mazzouccolo, this program is designed to support your proposal’s narrative development from start to finish through one-on-one writing and proposal development coaching, a series of workshops, and peer writing groups. Participants will learn the ins and outs of writing a competitive NIH research strategy and will be prepared to submit a proposal by the June 5, 2021 deadline. Please email Jim Mazzouccolo at email@example.com to join RIO's NIH R01 Commit-to-Submit Writing Program.
The Research & Innovation Office (RIO) is launching the second annual Core Facility Assistance Grant (CFAG) Program. The goal of the CFAG Program is to enhance operations within core and shared instrumentation facilities on the CU Boulder campus. The Director of Core Facilities, together with previous awardees, will provide an overview of the grant program and answer questions.
The AB Nexus is launching the second round of research collaboration grants. The goal of the grant program is to support interdisciplinary research activities that leverage expertise across the Anschutz and Boulder campuses. AB Nexus research partnership specialists will provide an overview of the grant program and answer questions.
Is your search for relevant funding opportunities time-consuming and onerous? Join the Research & Innovation Office (RIO) to learn how to get customized funding alerts delivered directly to your inbox. In this interactive workshop, you will learn how to effectively search for funding opportunities on a variety of funding databases, including SPIN. You will also learn how to create online accounts and generate customized email alerts from SPIN. RIO staff will demonstrate the capabilities and how SPIN can make your search for funding easier and more robust.
Are you ready to submit an NSF CAREER proposal? The NSF CAREER Commit-to-Submit Writing Program can help get you there! Led by Research & Innovation Office Proposal Writer Diane Carillo, this program is designed to support your proposal development from start to finish through one-on-one writing and proposal development coaching, a series of workshops, peer writing groups, and red team reviews. Participants will learn the ins and outs of writing a competitive NSF CAREER proposal, and will be prepared to submit by the July 2021 deadline.
The virtual Kickoff Workshop date is February 10, 2021 from 12-1:30pm and registration will be announced in the RIO Bulletin. The purpose of the workshop is to begin thinking about your readiness as a PI to submit an NSF CAREER award proposal. You will also get a chance to hear from some past CAREER award winners.
Attention College of Engineering and Applied Science Faculty: Please note that if you are a faculty member in the College of Engineering and Applied Science, you will work with CEAS Research Support Office Proposal Writer Molly Riddell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to support the development of your NSF CAREER proposal. You are, of course, encouraged to attend the Kickoff Event. Everyone from Engineering is welcome.
The AB Nexus is excited to coordinate a research blitz event in conjunction with the second round of research collaboration grants. The goals are to 1) build the AB Nexus community by promoting awareness of interdisciplinary research activities and 2) cultivate connections across the Anschutz and Boulder campuses to facilitate opportunities for collaboration.
Broader impacts are one of two criteria used by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to evaluate every grant proposal. For the fifth consecutive year, the Research & Innovation Office (RIO) will convene faculty and staff who support broader impact activities on campus. Campus specialists will share resources and guidance to help you plan effective integration of broader impacts activities into your research, and senior faculty from a variety of departments will share their experiences reviewing broader impacts statements on NSF panels. RIO's Broader Impacts Network (BIN) is the central campus resource for all things broader impacts.
PI Academy Eligible
- 2020 Election and the Future of Research Funding Landscape with Lewis-Burke Associates
November 17, 2020
- Recycle Your Proposal Using Dimensions
November 12, 2020
- Research & Innovation Seed Grant Program Information Session
November 10, 2020
- How to Talk to a Program Officer with Lewis-Burke Associates
October 13, 2020
- Applying to the David and Lucile Packard Foundation Fellowship for Science and Engineering or the W.M. Keck Foundation Research Grant Program
October 1, 2020
- Finding Funding Using SPIN
October 1, 2020
- Proposal Budgeting 101
September 15, 2020
- Early Career Funding Opportunities with Lewis-Burke Associates
September 8, 2020
- Applying to the National Science Foundation (NSF) Major Research Instrumentation Program (MRI)
September 3, 2020
- Leveraging the Research & Innovation Office to Accelerate Faculty Success
September 1, 2020
- PI Academy Kickoff
August 25, 2020
- Recycling Your Proposal Using Dimensions
July 7, 2020
- RIO Proposal Writing: Sustaining Your Argument
June 30, 2020
- RIO Proposal Writing: Keeping the Narrative Simple
June 23, 2020
- RIO Coffee Break: Integrating NSF's 10 Big Ideas into Your Proposal
June 18, 2020
- RIO Proposal Writing: Writing a One Page Project summary
June 16, 2020
- RIO Proposal Writing: Explaining Your Project in One Paragraph
June 9, 2020
- Getting the Most out of your Proposals: Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle
June 4, 2020
- RIO Proposal Writing: Knowing Your Audience and Review Criteria
June 2, 2020
- Introduction to the Shared Instrumentation Network
May 28, 2020
- RIO Proposal Writing: Planning Before You Write
May 26, 2020
- Enhancing Collaborations with CU Anschutz Investigators: The A/B Nexus
May 21, 2020
- Accessing RIO Support for Your Research & Creative Work
May 19, 2020
- NSF Broader Imacts: Tips from a Former NSF Program Director
April 14, 2020
- Finding Funding: SPIN, Dimensions and Foundation Directory Online
April 9, 2020
- Mentoring Postdoctoral Associates and Fellows
April 8, 2020
- Expectations and Accountability: The Advising Agreement
March 18, 2020
- Proposal Budgeting 101
March 4, 2020
- NSF CAREER Commit-to-Submit Writing Program Kickoff
February 19, 2020
- Addressing Student Mental Health Concerns
January 21, 2020
- Applying to the Research & Innovation Seed Grant Program
November 6, 2019
- Mentoring Series: Mentoring Postdoctoral Associates or Fellows
November 5, 2019
- Inside the NSF Engineering Research Center (ERC) Program with Division Director Dr. Kon-Well Wang
October 17, 2019
- Applying to the David & Lucile Packard Foundation Fellowship for Science and Engineering
October 9, 2019
- Finding Funding: SPIN and Dimensions
October 2, 2019
Have questions about any of our workshops? Contact email@example.com.