Policy Overview

If you're a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student who previously earned a low grade in an eligible course, you may choose to retake the course for grade replacement in an attempt to improve your cumulative GPA.

Grade replacement is not applied automatically; you must submit a grade replacement request form to opt inLaw and nondegree students, including certificate-only students, are not eligible for grade replacement.

If your grade replacement request form is approved (see step-by-step instructions below), the grade you earned in the most recent prior attempt will still appear on your transcript, but it will be replaced by the grade earned in your current attempt in your cumulative GPA and credit totals.