To apply, visit the CLASIC graduate school website.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent in computer science, linguistics, math or science from an accredited college or university.
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0.
- Programming experience equivalent to a CS undergraduate level.
- GRE scores are required for all applicants.
- International applicants whose post-secondary education was not in English need to provide a TOEFL score of 90 (IBT) or higher or an IELTS score of 7 or higher.
- Provide 3 letters of recommendation.
- 3 semesters of mathematics at the upper division level of calculus or above.
- Introductory Linguistics course and upper division statistics & probability course
- Provide a personal statement of purpose.
4 semesters or more of computer science courses beyond the introductory level, including Data Structures, Programming Languages and Algorithms.
One or more linguistics course, such as morphology/syntax, semantics, or formal semantics
The GRE is required for all applicants. For international applicants we require the GRE in addition to the TOEFL or IELTS.
Fall Domestic Application Deadline:
Fall International Application Deadline:
Please note: CLASIC is not an entirely distance learning program. At this time, some courses are offered via distance but not all.
Ann Marie Ladd
Computational Linguistics, Analytics, Search and Informatics MS Program
Fleming Building, Room 283
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309