Sleep and Inflammation Laboratory
Wilderness Place 235, 235A, 201
2860 Wilderness Place
Boulder, CO 80309-0354
Phone: (303) 735-4487; (303) 735-4601
To determine how chronic insufficient sleep induces, or contributes to inflammatory disease.
- Director: Mark R. Opp, PhD
- Laboratory Manager: Amrita George
- Undergraduate Students: Daniel Bush, Anneli Folkesson, Hannah Pfromer, Christopher Thompson
| (L to R): Mark Opp, Daniel Bush, Hannah Pfromer, Anneli Folkesson, Amrita George, Christopher Thompson.
Current Research Projects
- Mechanisms by which sleep disruption induces inflammation in the brains of mice.
- Sleep disruption and chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Traumatic Brain Injury-induced alterations in sleep.
Opportunities for Undergraduates
- There are no research opportunities for additional undergraduate students at this time as all positions are filled for the 2017 - 2018 academic year.
Opportunities for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
- Graduate student and postdoctoral fellow training is available contingent upon research funding.
- For more information, contact Mark.Opp@colorado.edu.
- 2014 - 2018 1R01NR014479 Microbiome and Pain in IBS (PI: Heitkemper; co-I: Opp)
- 2016 - 2021 2R01NS025378 Interleukin-1: A Promoter of Slow Wave Sleep (PI:Krueger; co-PI Opp)