Ramaley, Room W206
- The effects of aging, cardiovascular and metabolic risk factors, and habitual physical activity on vascular endothelial function.
- Director: Christopher A. DeSouza, Ph.D.
- Medical Director: Brian Stauffer, M.D.
- Laboratory Director: Jared Greiner, M.S.
- Postdoctoral and Predoctoral Fellows as well as graduate and undergraduate students.
Current Research Projects
- Influence of age, obesity, exercise, and oxidative stress on the endothelin-1 system.
- HIV-1 infection, vascular endothelial function, and exercise.
- Effects of nebivolol on ET-1 vasoconstrictor tone.
- Nebivolol and endothelial regulation of fibrinolysis.
- Overweight/obesity and vascular progenitor cell function.
- Park AJ, Fandl HK, Garcia VP, Coombs GB, DeSouza NM, Greiner JJ, Barak OF, Mijacika T, Dujic Z, Ainslie PN, DeSouza CA. Differential Expression of Vascular-Related MicroRNA in Circulating Endothelial Microvesicles in Adults with Spinal Cord Injury: A Pilot Study. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury and Rehabilitation. 2023, 29(2):34-42.
- Fandl HK, Garcia VP, Treuth JW, Brewster LM, Greiner JJ, Davy KP, Stauffer BL, DeSouza CA. Endothelial-derived extracellular vesicles from obese/hypertensive adults increase factors associated with hypertrophy and fibrosis in cardiomyocytes. Americam Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2023, 324(5):H675-H685.
- Wenner MM, Welti LM, Greiner JJ, Stauffer BL, DeSouza CA. Aerobic exercise training reduces ET-1-mediated vasoconstriction and improves endothelium-dependent vasodilation in postmenopausal women. Americam Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2023, 324(6):H732-H738.
- Cardenas HL, Evanoff NG, Fandl HK, Berry AR, Wegerson KN, Ostrander EI, Greiner JJ, Dufresne SR, Kotlyar M, Dengel DR, DeSouza CA, Gracia VP. Endothelial-derived extracellular vesicles associated with electronic cigarette use impair cerebral microvascular cell function. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2023, 135(2):271-278.
- Stockelman KA, Bain AR, Goulding A, DeSouza NM, Rahaman C, Maly L, Greiner JJ, Stauffer BL, DeSouza CA. Negative Influence of Insufficient Sleep on Endothelial Vasodilator and Fibrinolytic Function in Hypertensive Adults. Hypertension. 2021,78(6):1829-1840.
- Stockelman KA, Bain AR, Dow CA, Diehl KJ, Greiner JJ, Stauffer BL, DeSouza CA. Regular aerobic exercise counteracts endothelial vasomotor dysfunction associated with insufficient sleep. American Journal of Physiology Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2021,320(3):H1080-H1088.