Sleep and Development Laboratory
Administrative Research Center (ARC), Room A48
3100 Marine Street
Boulder, CO 80309-0554
- Director: Monique K. LeBourgeois,
- Lab Manager: Rachel Salaz.
- Graduate Students: Sachi Wong B.A. and Sophia Schneider.
- Behavioral Interventionist: Tiffany Allen Ph.D.
- Undergraduate Students: Omar Abughalib, Alexandra Coy, Sarena Gill, Trace Jablin, Meskerem Nemomsa, Zoe Parisian-Jeppesen, Katherine Petersen, Ambra Saurini, Elise Shalowitz, Taylor Shelafo, Taylor Teske, Anne Waddle.
- Collaborators: Peter Achermann, Ph.D., University of Zurich; Mary Carskadon, Ph.D., Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University; John Harsh, Ph.D., University of Colorado Boulder; Reto Huber, Ph.D., University Children’s Hospital (Zurich); Oskar Jenni, M.D., University Children’s Hospital (Zurich); Daphne Koinis-Mitchell, Ph.D., Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University; Alison Miller, Ph.D., University of Michigan; Thomas Rusterholz, Ph.D., University of Zurich; Ronald Seifer, Ph.D., Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University; Sarah Watamura, Ph.D., The University of Denver.
Left Column (from top): Margaret Doucette, Elsa Mullins, Shelby Kardel, Lauren Peregrine, Maddy Gardner, Katy Thellman, Alex Jones
Middle Column (from top): Hana Setterquist, Lameese Akacem, Karlie Johansen, Shane Nau, Corinna Cluckey, Ian McClain, Jon Lassonde
Right Column (from top): Salome Kurth, Allyson Schumacher, Sachi Wong, Hannah Craven
Current Research Projects
- Early developmental changes in sleep homeostasis and circadian rhythms.
- Effects of sleep restriction on young children’s emotion processing and cognition.
- Sleep and brain development.
- Asthma, sleep, and academic functioning in urban school children.
Persons interested in volunteering to participate in one of these studies should visit our Sleep and Development Laboratory Web site.
Opportunities for Undergraduates
- We are not accepting any undergraduates into the lab at this time. We already have enough undergraduate students for the summer and the 2017-2018 academic year.
- 2005-2010, Mentored Research Scientist Development Award, "Sleep-Wake Regulation and Emotion in Early Childhood."
- 2005-2010, Minimitter/Respironics, "Reliability and Validity of the Minimitter Actiwatch in Preschool Children."
- 2009-2014, NIH, "Asthma and Academic Functioning in Urban Children (Koinis-Mitchell, PI; LeBourgeois, CO-I)."
- 2009-2011, NIH, "Disadvantaged Children: Predictors & Outcomes of Sleep Behaviors (Hale, PI; LeBourgeois, CO-I)."
- 2010, Sleep Resource Foundation, "Circadian Regulation of Sleep."
- 2010-2015, NIH, "Sleep and Emotion Regulation across Early Childhood."