All GEOG students are assigned an academic advisor. Find out who your advisor is by logging into mycuinfo.colorado.edu. We prefer that you make appointments with your assigned advisor so that you can develop an ongoing relationship.
Appointments are available Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-5:00 pm. The best way to schedule an appointment is by contacting your assigned academic advisor. We do not have appointments during the first two weeks of the semester or during registration (drop-ins only).
We offer weekly drop-in hours:
- Thursday 12:30 – 4:30 pm (Sustainability, Energy, and Environment Complex, SEEC)
- Tuesday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Guggenheim Building, GUGG, Main Campus)
- Tuesday - Thursday 11:30 - 1:00 PM (Environmental Design Building, ENVD, Main Campus)
Drop-ins are for quick questions and are limited to 10 minutes. If you have a question that will take longer or you'd like more time with your advisor, please schedule an appointment.
Campus Drop-In Advising
- Mondays, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Take advantage of campus-wide drop-in advising hours available every Monday from 1 – 3 pm to access advising resources for any major or minor across campus. Campus drop-in advising is a great option for:
- First-year students interested in connecting with departmental advisors in a specific major or minor
- Students thinking about completing an intra-university transfer to another college on campus
- Any student still exploring major and minor options.
Peer Advisors are undergraduate students that are dedicated to primarily helping first-year students through their questions regarding registration, understanding different advising platforms, and basic course scheduling. We want to help you succeed throughout your time here at CU and are here to assist you in a smooth transition to college.
What we do:
- Have drop-in hours for one-on-one meetings with students
- Answer basic advising questions regarding registration and course scheduling
- Answer questions relating to CU’s different online platforms (MyCUInfo, MyCUHub, D2L)
- Give advice and support on various degree audit related questions
- Help first-year students transition into college