Our mission is to develop and promote the academic and personal success of students in a confidential, supportive, and professional environment. We strive to empower students to actively engage in their academic career through a comprehensive set of advising services and programs and graduate lifelong learners as they design for the future.
Geography majors are advised by a professional, primary advisor for the Department. In addition to technical and Arts and Sciences core advising, the primary advisor is available to:
- work with students to assist in planning their academic career;
- discuss potential study abroad programs;
- refer students to campus resources for academic and personal assistance;
- determine if transfer credits can be applied toward geography major requirements;
- determine if an upper division human geography course should be taken in place of one of the lower division requirements;
- determine how to take courses on a P/F basis.
- Provide information on course offerings prior to schedule publications;
- provide recommendations and alert students to available positions in and outside the department.