Your Advisor is Here to Assist Throughout your Journey
Academic Advisors engage students in a community of inquiry by promoting self-reflection, intellectual exploration, and thoughtful planning. We encourage students to make independent decisions about their academic journey, while helping them discover connections among their interests and courses.
A&S Academic Advising will start the first few weeks of the semester in a primarily virtual capacity. Throughout the Fall 2021 semester you can expect a variety of Academic Advising Meeting Format options including in-person, Zoom, and Phone. While not all advising meetings will have an in-person option, each meeting time will have a virtual option available, and you will be able to search by which meeting modality, or ‘meeting format’ you prefer.
Here’s how to make a one-on-one advising appointment, and view/search for the appointment format you prefer: Student Guide.
1. Go to Buff Portal Advising and log in with your CU credentials.
2. Click on your advisor’s photo to access their appointment calendar from there, you should be able to sort by available meeting formats.
3. Click on any available individual appointment to enter your information and reserve it.
4. Once you’ve opened a given individual appointment and wish to reserve it, look at the modality offered under “Meeting Format.”
5. If an appointment is available as “In Person / Video / Phone Advising,” indicate your preference in the “Desired Outcome” box for the meeting by writing
“In Person” or “Video/Zoom” or “Phone - [include your number].”
6. If there is not an option given for the in-person appointment modality (e.g., the “Meeting Format” is “Video,” or “Video/Phone” then that appointment will
ONLY be offered virtually via Zoom).
In-Person Academic Advising: If there is a more immediate need to meet with an advisor in person and you do not see available in-person meetings on Buff Portal Advising, please submit this Request to Meet In-Person Form.
If you are meeting in person with an academic advisor and have a laptop or tablet, please bring it to our session. Additionally, to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 before and during your meeting, please take appropriate precautions, including:
1. Wearing a mask.
2. Washing your hands before the meeting.
3. If you are scheduled for an in-person meeting and aren't feeling well, had a recent positive COVID-19 test, or been exposed to someone with a recent
positive COVID-19 test, we are going to need you to change the Meeting Format to Phone or Video (when available) or cancel and reschedule.
Thank you for helping to keep our CU community healthy!