biochemistry researchYour academic advisor can help you navigate questions related to the following:

  • academic standing (e.g. alert, warning, suspension and reinstatement)
  • registration and enrollment changes, after published deadlines (e.g. credit overloads, late drops from an individual course and retroactive adds into an individual course)*
  • grading status changes after published deadlines for students (e.g. pass/fail-to-graded and no-credit-to-credit)*
  • academic certification and graduation (e.g. letters of completion and retroactive graduation)
  • intra-university transfers to and from the Colleges of Arts and Sciences

Many of the above-mentioned processes may require the student to submit a petition and documentation. Petitions are individually reviewed by committee on a case-by-case basis and not automatically approved.

Please note that the primary college or school of the university in which the student is enrolled makes decisions on enrollment requests, such as petitioning to drop courses, even if the course the student is taking is offered by one of the other colleges or schools (e.g., Business, Engineering, Environmental Design, Journalism or Music). 

Dual-degree students (students pursuing degree programs in more than one college or school) should refer and adhere to the policies of their primary college or school. If you are unsure which college or school is your primary college or school, connect with an academic advisor by making an appointment in Buff Portal Advising.

*Academic dates and deadlines are published for each academic term by the Office of the Registrar.