What is Academic Coaching?
A program that supports students by focusing on each student’s developmental needs regarding the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to achieve academic and personal success.
Students who engage in the Academic Coaching Program experience growth in the following areas: academic skills, confidence, critical thinking skills, personal development, and self-awareness.
A&S Academic Coaching is currently operating in a primarily virtual capacity. You can expect a variety of Academic Coaching Meeting Format options including in-person, Zoom, and Phone. While not all coaching meetings will have an in-person option, each meeting time will have a virtual option available, and you will be able to search by which meeting modality, or ‘meeting format’ you prefer. If you do not have an academic coach and would like one, please complete this form.
Here’s how to make a one-on-one coaching appointment, and view/search for the appointment format you prefer: Student Guide.
1. Go to Buff Portal Advising and log in with your CU credentials.
2. Click on your coach’s photo to access their appointment calendar. You will be able to sort by available meeting formats.
3. Click on any available individual appointment to enter your information and reserve it.
4. Once you’ve opened a given individual appointment and wish to reserve it, look at the modality offered under “Meeting Format.”
5. If an appointment is available as “In Person / Video / Phone Advising,” indicate your preference in the “Desired Outcome” box for the meeting by writing
“In Person” or “Video/Zoom” or “Phone - [include your number].”
6. If there is not an option given for the in-person appointment modality (e.g., the “Meeting Format” is “Video,” or “Video/Phone” then that appointment will
ONLY be offered virtually via Zoom).
In-Person Academic Coaching: If you do not see available in-person meetings on Buff Portal Advising, and need to meet in person, please email your assigned academic coach and our team will do our best to accommodate.
If you are meeting in person with an academic coach and have a laptop or tablet, please bring it to our session. Additionally, to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 before and during your meeting, please take appropriate precautions, including:
1. Wearing a mask.
2. Washing your hands before the meeting.
3. If you are scheduled for an in-person meeting and aren't feeling well, had a recent positive COVID-19 test, or been exposed to someone with a recent
positive COVID-19 test, we are going to need you to change the Meeting Format to Phone or Video (when available) or cancel and reschedule.
Thank you for helping to keep our CU community healthy!