NOTE: The Perkins Loan Program will end after the 2017-18 academic year. Students who were awarded the Perkins Loan must complete any outstanding requests from the financial aid office and receive their loan before October 1, 2017. Outstanding loans cannot be awarded after that date.
- Interest does not accrue while you are in school or in deferment.
- There are no loan origination fees.
- The interest rate is a fixed 5.0% when the loan enters repayment.
- The University of Colorado Boulder is your lender for this loan so once your loan enters repayment, you will make payments back to the University.
- Repayment begins 9 months after you graduate, drop below half-time or withdraw.
- Funding is limited so the actual awarded amount may be less than the federal maximum and may also vary from year to year.
|Undergraduate (0-59 credits)
|Undergraduate (60+ credits)
How to Apply
For information on how to repay a Perkins Loan, please see the Bursar’s website.