NOTE: The Perkins Loan Program ended after the 2017-18 academic year and new loans are no longer awarded. For information on how to repay a Perkins Loan, please see the Bursar’s website.
- Interest does not accrue while you are in school or in deferment.
- There are no loan origination fees.
- The interest rate is a fixed 5.0% when the loan enters repayment.
- The University of Colorado Boulder is your lender for this loan so once your loan enters repayment, you will make payments back to the University.
- Repayment begins 9 months after you graduate, drop below half-time or withdraw.
- Funding is limited so the actual awarded amount may be less than the federal maximum and may also vary from year to year.
|Undergraduate (0-59 credits)
|Undergraduate (60+ credits)