If you are interested in majoring in Environmental Studies, Arts & Sciences Recruitment and our Student Ambassadors are available to meet with prospective undergraduate students and their families to talk about the ENVS major and life at CU Boulder. If you are planning a trip to campus, email Arts & Sciences Recruitment in advance to arrange a tour with a Student Ambassador and/or the opportunity to meet with an ENVS advisor.  There is no minor in ENVS but many students majoring in ENVS obtain minors in other departments or gain double majors. There is substantial required curriculum overlap with other majors and thus minors and double majors are relatively easy to obtain.

General information on applying to CU Boulder is available on the Admissions website. There is specific information for freshman, transfer, and international students. You may also sign up for campus visits through this website.

New Student Welcome

You may declare Environmental Studies as your major during New Student Welcome if you are certain of your interest at that time.

Major Change

If you are a student within the College of Arts and Sciences (including Open Option), you may change your major to Environmental Studies by completing an online form.  Log into MyCUHub to access the form. First year students change majors by meeting with their assigned first year advisor.

Intrauniversity Transfer

If you are a CU Boulder student outside the College of Arts and Sciences, you change to Environmental Studies through an Intrauniversity Transfer (IUT). Students from another school, college on the CU Boulder campus or the Program in Exploratory Studies, who wish to transfer into the College of Arts and Sciences should review the A&S Intra-University Transfer Criteria page for more instructions minimum requirements. 

Residential Academic Programs

Undergraduates have the opportunity to participate in a Residential Academic Program which provides students a shared learning and living experience in a community setting with a cohort of students with similar academic interests. More information on Residential Academic Programs.