Published: Oct. 28, 2021

CU Engineering is thrilled to introduce our newest full-time faculty members for fall 2021 and spring 2022. This talented group comes from academia and industry, bringing with them a wide range of teaching experience and research interests. 

Interested in joining them next year? We're currently hiring for several faculty positions across engineering disciplines!  

Hisham Ali

Aerospace Engineering Sciences
Ali comes to CU Boulder from the astrodynamics department at the Aerospace Corp., where he serves as a mission design and astrodynamics analyst. 

Sagnik Basumalik

Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering Partnership Program with Colorado Mesa University
"I look forward to contributing to the success of the partnership program with CMU."

Luca Corradini

Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering
"I look forward to further enhancing the excellent research and teaching power electronics program in ECEE."

Scott Diddams

Diddams, currently a fellow at NIST, will be major contributor to the college's new Quantum Engineering Initiative. 

Danna Gurari

Computer Science
"I am thrilled to join CU Boulder's students, faculty, and staff to keep pushing the boundary of what we understand to be possible."

Andras Gyenis

"I’m looking forward to establishing an experimental quantum lab."

Alexandra Le Moine

Aerospace Engineering Sciences
Le Moine is passionate about engineering education and believes in a learner-centered pedagogy.

Sheldon Masters

Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering
Masters is an expert in drinking water treatment, distribution system water quality and water pipeline corrosion.  

Arthur Mizzi

Mechanical Engineering
Mizzi developed WRF-Chem/DART, a weather forecast/data assimilation system used throughout North America, Western Europe and Asia.

Jesse Pisel

Computer Science Partnership Program with Colorado Mesa University
"I am looking forward to interacting with the partnership students as they progress through the new program."

Melvin Rafi

Aerospace Engineering Sciences
Rafi led a team at the General Aviation Flight Lab in the design and build of a research-oriented flight simulator. 

Katherine Ramos

Engineering Plus
"I look forward to working with exceptional faculty who share my passion for engineering education."

Gongguo Tang

"I am excited about the endless opportunities to work with the wonderful researchers and talented students in CU Boulder."