Published: Nov. 6, 2017 By

Asmita Dhakal NSBE Co-President

Tell us about what you're involved in at BOLD. What do you love about it?

I was part of Aspire 2015. As well as I was a GoldShirt student assistant for year 2015-2016. Now I am a Co-President for National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE). I love having the feel of a family on campus through a student society.

How would you describe the BOLD Community? Why did you get involved with BOLD/why do you think students should get involved with BOLD?

The BOLD community is like a family. I got involved by partaking in the Aspire 2015 summer camp and through that I have made so many friends who I can study with. Students should get involved in the BOLD community because it is a great tool for success with BOLD offering free tutoring, many diverse student societies, and amazing advisors.

What is something a lot of people don't know about you but you wish they did?

I was born and raised in Nepal and moved to the states at the age of 10. Knowing the only words in the English language being "Hi" and "Bye" it was difficult to grasp the new language and culture. However, now I fluently speak the English language as well as Nepali and Hindi.

What problems do you want to solve as an engineer?

As an engineer I would like to encourage more women to enter the STEM field.

What new/exciting things are happening with the effort you're involved with at BOLD?

NSBE is taking 9 members to the Fall Regional conference this year to California where there will be workshops to help you excel academically, succeed professionally, and problem solving strategies for success. As well as doing fundraising such as donut sales and bake sales.

What is your favorite food? (We really like food around here)

Indian.

What superpower would you have if you could have any?

Mind control.

Anything else you want us to share with the BOLD community?

I LOVE the BOLD center! Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. It is the reason that when coming into college I had a friends I could study and hang out with.

NSBE Women