You are here

Forms, Checklists, Contacts & Links

Please Note, some of these forms take a little time to download. Your patience is appreciated. 

    • DEPA.  Sample DEPA Form  (form for Disclosure of External Professional Activities). Also see: the Disclosure Form (DEPA) tab on right side of this page for actual DEPA log-in information.
    • Monitoring Report Form.  Monitoring Form (in Word) or  Monitoring Form (in Acrobat) . To be used by disclosers who have a MOU with a monitoring component; to be completed and returned to the COIC Office in conjunction with annual DEPA submission, or when otherwise requested.  Either format may be used. The discloser's signature is required.
    • COI Reporting at other CU Campuses. Each campus within the University of Colorado system has its own office for Conflicts of Interest, and reporting system.  See the following links for the non-Boulder campuses:
    • Administrative E-memo From Provost & VCR Offices Jan 2016
    • SELF -AUTHORED BOOKS ETC.: Use of Self-Authored Instructional Material Approval Form  During the DEPA reporting process, disclosers are asked to certify that department approval has been obtained for self-authored instructional material that is required in classes taught at CU. Copies of this approval form remains housed with the discloser and department (if required);it is not submitted to the COIC Office.
    • PURCHASING MATTERS: Procurement Service Center (PSC) Conflict of Interest Evaluation Form  Use this form for purchasing requests that may involve a potential or actual conflict of interest, for example, arrangements involving a family member, your personal business, an unfair advantage to a specific vendor, etc.
    • OUTSIDE EMPLOYMENT, FACULTY TITLES: Consulting Approval Form (1/6th Rule). During the DEPA reporting process, disclosers are asked to certify that department approval for consulting outside of the University has been obtained.  Pertains to all faculty titles: Research Associates, Professional Research Assistants, Research Professors, tenured & tenure track faculty, lecturer & instructor rank faculty as well as administrators with faculty rank. Copies of this approval form remain housed with the discloser and department; it is not submitted to the COIC Office.
    • OUTSIDE EMPLOYMENT, GRAD STUDENT RAs: Outside Employment by Graduate Students on RA Appointments, see COI Section within the attached document.
    • OUTSIDE EMPLOYMENT, OFFICERS & PROF EXEMPT: Outside Consulting & Service on External Boards                 
    • Utilization/Rental of University Research Space for External Activities: Use/sharing  of university space and facilities for non-unversity research requires review and approval by Assoc.VC Research, as well as the Assoc. VC Budget & Planning. In order to obtain instructions regarding developing a lease, please contact them at their respective emails;
    • Technology Transfer Office (TTO) for information governing: Intellectual Property (IP);  patents/ licensing/ copyrights/ trademarks for discoveries/inventions/educational materials and software; start-up company development; materials transfer agreements. MaryBeth Vellequette is the Director of Technology Transfer at UCB.
    • Transactions with External Entities involving Funds 28 or 29; External Sales & Service Activities (ESA) Because of the serious consequences if accounting and reporting procedures are not properly handled regarding these activities, please contact:   The Office of Industry Collaboration
    • The Office of Industry Collaboration connects industry inquiries to CU-Boulder resources and supports internal CU-Boulder researchers wanting to work with industry. Caroline Himes is the director.
    • Acceptance of Sponsorships. Industry paid speaking engagements are expected to be reported via the DEPA. Both income and time spent engaged in the reported activity will be reviewed in regard to conflicts of interest and committment. The Office of University Controller provides general guidance for acceptance and acknolwedgment of event sponsorships,
    • Acceptance of Gifts or Economic Benefits as Rewards or Inducements. In Colorado, an employee of a public institution of higher education is considered a "government employee" and subject to the provisions of the Colorado Consititution Article XXIX Ethics in Government Amendment 41 ( and Rules of Conduct as stipulated in 24-18-104.
    • Faculty acting as unversity instructors over family members: Please refer to the Boulder Faculty Assembly Handbook; Part II Professional Responsibilities, Ethical Principles, & Faculty Conduct; Section A: Teaching and Students; Ethical Principles; 1. Expected Conduct, items m and n.
University of Colorado Boulder
© Regents of the University of Colorado
PrivacyLegal & Trademarks