- Student Employment
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Aid Policies
- Financial Aid A-Z
- Site Map
- Veterans Benefits
- Net Price Calculator
- Video Gallery
- Videos on Financial Aid
Independence Day; Campus Closed
Deadline to Apply for Summer Aid
Last Day to Work Summer Work-Study
Fall Classes Begin
Tips for Parents
- Most undergraduates between the ages of 18-24 are considered “dependent” for federal, state and university aid. However, communication from the university, including financial aid awards and tuition bills are sent directly to the student.
- We communicate through the student's campus email and most transactions are completed through our secure student portal. It may be helpful to remind your son or daughter to forward important communications from the university on to you.
- Student records are protected by the federal Family Educational Rights and Protection Act (FERPA). The FERPA web page will explain what our office can and cannot release to parents.
- Remind your son or daughter to file for financial aid each year by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 1 priority date. Parent's federal tax information and PIN signature is needed to complete the FAFSA.
- Students should also apply for CU-Boulder scholarships by March 1. The application is usually open in November and closes at the beginning of March. Also encourage your child to explore other scholarship opportunities.
- If your family has experienced a recent hardship that is not reflected on the current FAFSA form, such as a loss of income, divorce, death in family, or unusually high medical expenses, you may request to have our office review your unusual circumstances.
- To learn more about campus events, news, and resources visit the CU-Boulder Parents webpage.