Financial Aid & the Bill
The following information will explain how financial aid will appear on your tuition and fee bill.
Viewing Your Bill & Financial Aid
Tuition & Fee Bill
You will receive an email from the Bursar's Office when your official bill is ready. Bills are only available online. View the step-by-step instructions.
Your financial aid will be available in your student portal (MyCUBoulder or MyCUInfo) in one of two forms: anticipated aid and your financial aid award offer, depending on the time of year and where you are in the application process.
Anticipated aid is available for incoming students and is only an estimate based on the assumption that you will be enrolled as a full-time student. If you enroll less than full-time (12 credit hours for undergraduates, and 9 credit hours for graduates) your financial aid will likely be adjusted.
Financial Aid on the Bill
Students who have:
- completed their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the coming academic year,
- completed any additional requests for information from our office (received via email or posted as a “To-Do” item in the student portal), and have
- accepted their aid in the student portal and completed requested entrance counseling and/or Master Promissory Notes (MPNs),
will have their aid applied directly to their tuition & fee bill as early as 10 days prior to the first day of classes. Any remaining financial aid will be returned to you in the form of a refund (see below). Remember: Work-study is not paid to the tuition & fee bill.
,Watch a video to see how aid appears on the bill.
Some financial aid may be displayed as anticipated aid on your billing statement, but if it is not there - don't worry. Simply review your financial aid award in your MyCUInfo portal for accuracy.
Parent loans will be applied to the bill the same way student loans are.
- View Your Student's Bill Online - Parents can view the bill also if they are set up as an authorized payer. Bills are only available online. View the step-by-step instructions.
- Check the Status of the Parent Loan - Parent PLUS Loans will not appear as anticipated aid on the billing statement. The borrower will know their loan has been approved once they receive a loan disclosure statement from the Federal Direct Loan Servicer. Also, ask your student to check their MyCUInfo portal to make sure there are no missing items which could delay the payment of the loan.
- Parent Loan Refunds - If the Parent PLUS Loan exceeds the student’s bill, the excess will be refunded to whoever was designated on the PLUS application submitted through studentloans.gov. If the parent elected for the student to receive the refund, it will direct deposited into the student's bank account. If the parent elected to receive the refund directly, a check will be mailed to the parent's permanent address. This process could take up to two weeks.
Set up Direct Deposit for Refunds
Direct deposit is required - it is also the easiest and fastest way to receive your financial aid refund. View the step-by-step instructions.
Any aid that exceeds your bill will be available to you per the Bursar's Office refund policy and schedule. Check your MyCUInfo portal to make sure there are no items in your To-Do List. Missing items can delay your financial aid. Financial Aid payments are made nightly.