The UMC is visited every day by thousands of students, faculty, staff and the public. We offer many ways for your student organization, campus department or community initiative to get its message in front of this audience.
Promote your organization’s or department’s programs, events and other messages to our building visitors!
There are three digital ad screens within the UMC:
- First floor, West Dining Room
- First floor, exit of the Alferd Packer Restaurant & Grill
- Second floor, in the Student Engagement & Collaboration Area (SECA Lounge)
Each ad plays for 20 seconds every 5-6 minutes. That’s a total of 30-36 times an hour on all three signs (10-12 times an hour on each sign).
Contact us early as possible to reserve, as space is limited to maintain the 5-6-minute view cycle. Static ad artwork must be received at least five business days in advance of ad start date. Videos must be received at least 10 business days in advance of ad start date so they can be tested and adjusted if needed. Additional rules and restrictions apply. Contact UMC Marketing for details.
Additionally, we offer two digital display cases available for reservation at no cost by student organizations or university departments for up to two non-consecutive weeks per semester. See the Display Cases section below for details.
Display your message on each table in the three UMC dining areas!
- Step 1: Reserve: Email Catherine Horning, assistant director for marketing and communications
- Reservations are for one week at a time, always spanning Friday–Thursday
- Reservations must be made by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday for the following Friday
- A maximum of two reservations may be made per semester for any given event or program.
- Step 2: Create
Finished size is 4" wide x 6" tall, printed on one side only. Download our template to use as a guideline. Print 9-up on 12" x 18" paper, which is available at most office supply stores and print shops, including Ink Spot (first floor UMC). For Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs), the CSI Resource Center (UMC 330) carries the correct size of paper and will be happy to assist you with the design and printing of your table tents and other promotional material.
- Step 3: Email a PDF proof of your table tent for approval to email@example.com no later than one week prior to your reservation start date.
- Step 4: Deliver 175 quantity printed pieces to the UMC Admin office in UMC 305 by 3 p.m. on the Wednesday before your reservation begins.
- Cost: Free to reserve. The cost to design/print/produce the table tents is your responsibility.
The following policies apply:
- Reservations are for one week at a time (Friday–Thursday), up to two weeks per semester.
- Reservations are available to student organizations, CUSG cost centers, campus departments and UMC contract vendors and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- 175 copies of your printed table tents are due to the UMC Admin office (room 305) no later than 3 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to your reservation start date. If they are delivered after this time, we cannot guarantee that your reservation will be fulfilled.
- Table tents should be printed on text-weight recycled and recyclable paper. They may not be printed on “Astrobright” paper. It is not necessary for them to be printed on card stock or glossy/coated paper.
- Only one side of your table tent will be visible.
- Table tents must include the reserving group’s name and contact information (phone number, email or web address).
- Flyers or other materials are not permitted to be placed loose on the tables.
- Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 38 of the UMC Policy Manual.
Have you created a poster to advertise your event? There are several places within the UMC you can display it!
Board locations on the first floor (bring up to four copies):
- Two in the west dining room
- One to the left of the restrooms in the main hallway
- One in the hall leading to The Connection
If your posters are advertising a student event, you may bring two additional posters for the boards in the following locations. These must also be approved at the UMC Information Desk prior to posting.
- Third floor, to the right of the entrance to room 305
- Fourth floor, to the right of the entrance to room 401
Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 38 of the UMC Policy Manual.
UMC Entrance Doors
If your posters are advertising an event taking place in the UMC, then you may request to tape your posters to the glass doors at the three main entrances to the UMC on the day of your event.
Do you have a program, service or upcoming event in the UMC? Hang a banner to advertise!
- Inside the atrium, just outside UMC 247, off the balcony railing
- Along the north wall of the UMC South Terrace beginning just east of the main entrance of the UMC and extending east toward the ballroom entrance. Typically, this space is reserved for the day of the event only.
Must be for a current program, service or event in the UMC.
Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 40 of the UMC Policy Manual.
Showcase your organization or upcoming event in one of the display cases in the UMC! We offer both physical and digital display cases, available on a first-come, first-served basis. The display cases are available to each student organization or university department for up to two non-consecutive weeks per semester.
The following policies apply:
- Reservations are for one week at a time (Monday–Sunday), up to two non-consecutive weeks per semester.
- Reservations are available to student organizations, CUSG cost centers, university departments and UMC contract vendors.
- You are responsible for creating and producing all materials for your display case.
- If you have selected a digital display case, your file is due to EP&C no later than 12 p.m. on the Friday prior to your reservation start date. If it is delivered after this time, we cannot guarantee that your reservation will be fulfilled.
- Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 14 of the UMC Policy Manual.
Are you looking to interact directly with students? Want to distribute literature and promo items, sell tickets or invite them to a meeting? A table in the UMC is a great opportunity!
- To reserve:
RSOs and campus departments: Email CU Events Planning & Catering or call 303-492-8833
Non-university clients: Review the information below and then submit an online UMC Tabling Contract (blue button below)
- Specs: One 6' table and two chairs provided
- Cost: Free to reserve for student groups and campus departments. $100 per day for non-university groups. The cost to design/print/produce the materials for your display is your responsibility.
For non-university clients – prior to completing the vendor contract, you will need to secure sponsorship from one of our recognized student organizations (RSO). List of active RSOs. We encourage you to align yourself with a RSO that shares your company’s mission. Please contact the student(s) listed on the website and ask if they are an organization administrator/org admin for their RSO. An org admin is required in order to execute the contract. When completing the contract, you will be prompted to enter the RSO representative’s name and email address.
If you are requesting a table as ‘student ambassador’ representing a non-university client, then you do not need an RSO to sponsor your table. When completing the vendor contract, you will select ‘Program Council’ when prompted to select your sponsor.
Once you have completed and submitted the vendor contract, CU Events Planning & Catering (EP&C) will receive notification from DocuSign and will review your submission.
A tentative reservation will not be made until a contract is completed and approved by EP&C. You will receive an email from DocuSign notifying you that the reservation has been approved by all signatory contacts. Your reservation is not approved until you have received the DocuSign email along with an email from EP&C with the tentative reservation details. The reservation will be confirmed once payment is received.
Please note that only one table may be reserved per day at a cost of $100, with a maximum of 15 days per semester. Payment must be via check or credit card. Cash is not accepted. If paying by check, it must be made payable to ‘The University of Colorado.’ If paying by credit card, a payment link will be emailed to you. All payment is required three business days (excluding reservation day) prior to the first date of your reservation or your reservation will be forfeited.
In order to be in compliance with our internal vendors, products that are in competition with the CU Book Store and the University Memorial Center (UMC) food/beverage vendors are not allowed inside or directly outside of the UMC. If you are selling/distributing an item that may compete with merchandise offered by the CU Book Store, please check the box ‘Yes’ when completing the vendor contract. If you plan to bring outside food/beverages to distribute, your reservation location will be outside near the Visual Arts Complex (VAC). Please ensure to note any food/beverages you plan on distributing in the vendor contract ‘Merchandise/Service’ section.
All outside tables are weather permitting. If weather is inclement, vendor may be relocated inside the UMC, based on availability. If relocating from the VAC, no outside food/beverages may be distributed inside the UMC.
If you would like to inquire about ordering food/beverages to be distributed at any of the UMC tables inside or outside tables, please review the EP&C catering menus. You may also purchase food/beverages to distribute at your table from any of our UMC internal food vendors.
Please carefully review the following links regarding general campus policies, ADA accommodations, events with minors, campus use of university facilities and food safety program before submitting your vendor contract, as you are responsible for abiding by these policies:
- Campus policies
- Disability services
- Child protection policy
- Campus use of university facilities (CUUF)
- Boulder County food safety program