The UMC is visited every day by thousands of students, faculty, staff and the public. We offer many ways for your student organization, campus department or community initiative to get its message in front of this audience.
Promote your organization’s or department’s programs, events and other messages to our building visitors!
There are three digital ad screens within the UMC:
- First floor, West Dining Room
- First floor, exit of the Alferd Packer Restaurant & Grill
- Second floor, behind Information Desk
Each ad plays for 20 seconds every 5-6 minutes. That’s a total of 30-36 times an hour on all three signs (10-12 times an hour on each sign).
Contact us early as possible to reserve, as space is limited to maintain the 5-6-minute view cycle. Static ad artwork must be provided at least five business days in advance of ad start date. Videos must be provided at least 10 business days in advance of ad start date so they can be tested and adjusted if needed. Additional rules and restrictions apply. Contact UMC Marketing for details.
Display your message on each table in the three UMC dining areas!
The following policies apply:
- Reservations are for one week at a time (Saturday–Friday), up to two non-consecutive weeks per semester.
- Reservations are available to student organizations, CUSG cost centers, departments within the UMC and UMC contract vendors. We are not able to reserve table tent display space for departments that are not housed within the UMC.
- 225 copies of your printed table tents are due to UMC Marketing (room 305) no later than 3 a.m. on the Thursday prior to your reservation start date. If they are delivered after this time, we cannot guarantee that your reservation will be fulfilled.
- Table tents should be printed on text-weight recycled and recyclable paper. They may not be printed on “Astrobright” paper. It is not necessary for them to be printed on card stock or glossy/coated paper.
- Only one side of your table tent will be visible.
- Table tents must include the reserving group’s name and contact information.
- Flyers or other materials are not permitted to be placed loose on the tables.
- Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 45 of the UMC Policy Manual.
Have you created a poster to advertise your event? There are several places within the UMC you can display it!
Board locations on the first floor (bring up to four copies):
- Two in the west dining room
- One to the left of the restrooms in the loggia hallway
- One in the hall leading to The Connection
If your posters are advertising a student event, you may bring two additional posters for the boards in the following locations. These must also be approved at the UMC Information Desk prior to posting.
- Third floor, to the right of the entrance to room 305
- Fourth floor, to the right of the entrance to room 401
Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 32 of the UMC Policy Manual.
UMC Entrance Doors
If your posters are advertising an event taking place in the UMC, then you may request to tape your posters to the glass doors at the three main entrances to the UMC on the day of your event.
Do you have a program, service or upcoming event in the UMC? Hang a banner to advertise!
- Inside the atrium, just outside UMC 247, off the balcony railing
- Along the north wall of the UMC South Terrace beginning just east of the main entrance of the UMC and extending east to the western edge of the Aspen Room windows. Typically, this space is reserved for the day of the event only.
Must be for a current program, service or event in the UMC.
Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 33 of the UMC Policy Manual.
Showcase your organization or upcoming event in one of the display cases in the UMC!
Available on a first-come, first-served basis, the display cases are available to each student organization or university department for up to two non-consecutive weeks per semester.
Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 13 of the UMC Policy Manual.
Are you looking to interact directly with students? Want to distribute literature and promo items, sell tickets or invite them to a meeting? A table in the UMC loggia is a great opportunity!
The following policies apply:
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis, for no more than 30 days per semester.
- Student organizations may sponsor non-university businesses as a way to fundraise for their organizations.
Read the complete list of policies and restrictions on page 22 of the UMC Policy Manual.