Your student organization can apply for free office space or a locker in the UMC!
A central office is a fantastic way for your organization to become more accessible and productive, which will help you grow membership, promote your message and fulfill your mission. In addition, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) has lockers available for student organizations to use.
Current room allocations are set to expire on May 31, 2018. All student organizations who currently have and wish to maintain office or locker space within the UMC must submit an application.
Student organizations wishing to be considered for office space or lockers in the UMC must be currently registered with the Center for Student Involvement and must have a current open account with CSI.
Applications for Office Space and Lockers for the Fall 2018 Semester
APPLY NOW: You can pick up a copy of the application in the CU Student Government office (room 125) or the UMC Director’s Office (room 305) or download it here.
ACT NOW: Please deliver the completed application to UMC room 125 or 305 by no later than 12 noon, Friday, March 9, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
Rules for office space
- Offices are to be kept in an uncluttered and organized manner.
- There will be no storage of flammable materials.
- No material may be stored above ceilings, under floors or in any other space not specifically authorized for storage or use.
- Any physical alteration of the space (including painting) is prohibited without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- The use of space heaters and portable air conditioners is prohibited in UMC offices without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- Office holders are expected to use the copy services provided and to refrain from installing individual copiers in UMC offices without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- Use of hot plates and other cooking devices is prohibited in UMC offices (excluding microwaves).
- The office must be staffed for a minimum of 20 hours per week, and hours must be posted on or near the office door.
- The student organization must maintain a current account with the Center for Student Involvement.