Student Orgs: Apply for free office space or a locker in the UMC!
A central office is a fantastic way for your recognized student organization to become more accessible and productive, which will help you grow membership, promote your message and fulfill your mission. In addition, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) has lockers available for student organizations to use.
Now accepting applications
The Space Allocation Committee of the UMC Board is accepting applications from student organizations for office or locker space in the UMC.
Student organizations wishing to be considered for office space in the UMC must be currently registered, and in good standing, with the Center for Student Involvement (CSI).
Groups that currently have space must reapply!
Applications are due by Friday, February 28, at 12 p.m.
Paper applications are available in UMC 305.
Rules for office space
- Offices are to be kept in an uncluttered and organized manner.
- There will be no storage of flammable materials.
- No material may be stored above ceilings, under floors or in any other space not specifically authorized for storage or use.
- Any physical alteration of the space (including painting) is prohibited without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- The use of space heaters and portable air conditioners is prohibited in UMC offices without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- Office holders are expected to use the copy services provided and to refrain from installing individual copiers in UMC offices without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- Use of hot plates and other cooking devices is prohibited in UMC offices (excluding microwaves).
- The office must be staffed for a minimum of 20 hours per week, and hours must be posted on or near the office door.
- The student organization must maintain a current account with the Center for Student Involvement.