Student Orgs: Apply for free office space or a locker in the UMC!
A central office is a fantastic way for your recognized student organization to become more accessible and productive, which will help you grow membership, promote your message and fulfill your mission. In addition, the Center for Student Involvement (CSI) has lockers available for student organizations to use.
All student organizations who currently have office/locker space within the UMC that they wish to maintain must re-apply. Current room and locker allocations are set to expire on May 15, 2024.
Applications for fall 2024 are now closed.
Rules for office space
- Offices are to be kept in an uncluttered and organized manner.
- Storage of flammable materials is prohibited.
- No material may be stored above ceilings, under floors or in any other space not specifically authorized for storage or use.
- Any physical alteration of the space (including painting) is prohibited without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- The use of space heaters and portable air conditioners is prohibited in UMC offices without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- Office holders are expected to use the copy services provided and to refrain from installing individual copiers in UMC offices without the specific authorization of the UMC Director or designee.
- Use of hot plates and other cooking devices is prohibited in UMC offices (excluding microwaves).
- The office must be staffed for a minimum of 20 hours per week, and hours must be posted on or near the office door.
- The student organization must maintain a current account with the Center for Student Involvement.