Fall break is just around the corner. Many campus services including dining, bus transportation and residence hall front desk hours will be reduced throughout fall break. Whether you live on or off campus, review some reminders and tips before you leave town.
All residence halls and Bear Creek remain open for any resident throughout the duration of fall break. Residence hall access doors will be locked and accessible by current residents only.
Before you leave for break:
- Make sure windows are closed and locked, and drapes are closed.
- Unplug electrical appliances (residence hall students only).
- Clean your micro-fridge and set to low (residence hall students only).
- Set your heaters on low.
- Remove trash and recycling from the building.
- Turn off your lights.
- Make sure your room door is completely closed and locked.
- Remember to pack all important documents or valuable items such as plane tickets, ID and passport, jewelry, medicines, etc.
- Store any bikes in your room during breaks, if space is available and it does not block exits.
If you are leaving for break:
- Before you leave, find someone willing to clear snow off of your property. Snow must be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours of a snow fall.
- Ask a friend to collect your mail and pick up newspapers and/or any trash in your yard. If you’ll be gone for a longer period of time, consider having the post office hold your mail while you’re away.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked. Move any expensive items like laptops away from windows where they may be visible, or bring them with you. Make sure your bike is securely locked, or bring it inside if you can.
- Set your lights on a timer and your heat to a reasonable temperature, about 60 degrees to prevent any pipes freezing.
- Don’t leave pets by themselves. Find someone to take care of them while you are away.
Campus Dining Services
On-campus dining options will be limited during fall break. View dining hours and closures during fall and winter breaks.
Getting around campus
The Buff Bus will cease normal operations at the end of the normal schedule on Friday, Nov. 19. No service will be offered Nov. 20–27. Regular Buff Bus service resumes on Sunday, Nov. 28.
CU NightRide will be closed Nov. 19–28. We encourage you to look at alternative transportation options through CU Boulder Parking & Transportation Services.
University Memorial Center
The UMC and The Connection will have limited hours Nov. 20–24 and will be closed Nov. 25–28.
Health and Wellness Services
Health and Wellness Services departments will have adjusted hours over fall break.