Our everyday actions can add up, leaving a lasting impact. CU Boulder is proud to offer a way for students to receive rewards for the good they do every day.
The PIPs Rewards mobile app allows you to earn “positive impact points” for various actions that benefit the planet, our community and your personal health and wellness. Now, these points also can be turned into scholarships.
PIPs for School
In addition to other rewards, CU Boulder students now have the option to redeem their PIPs for a scholarship to pay toward tuition and fees. Here’s how:
- Once you have earned a minimum of 2,500 PIPs, you can start committing your PIPs toward a future scholarship by accessing PIPs for School in the main menu of the app.
- When you have earned 10,000 PIPs, you can redeem them for scholarship money or continue to save them. You could also be eligible for matching funds from the PIPs Student Education Fund (if funds are available) when you have earned a minimum of 10,000 PIPs. You are encouraged to contact the Office of Financial Aid to learn more about matching fund availability.
- You can redeem up to 50,000 PIPs per academic year, which is equivalent to $500.
Learn more about PIPs for School, including deadlines for redeeming your PIPs.
Start earning PIPs today
Being a Buff means being sustainable, and most of us are already completing actions that could earn us PIPs. Here are five easy ways you can earn over 500 PIPs this week:
- Take the financial wellness trivia challenge. Go to “Challenges” in the main menu of the PIPs Rewards app to test your trivia knowledge. Earn up to 125 PIPs by answering the questions correctly. The contest starts at 8 a.m. Monday, March 18, and ends at 5 p.m. Sunday, March 24. There are additional prizes for the top three players including a $100 Flatiron Meal Plan credit, a pair of day-passes to A-Basin and a doubling of the match for PIPs committed to PIPs for School by May 31.
- Ride your bike. Visit one of the bike stations on campus to get a PIPs sticker for your bike. The sticker will have a QR code you can scan to get 25 PIPs per bike ride, up to twice a day.
- Refill your water bottle. Visit the Environmental Center in UMC 355 to get a PIPs sticker for your water bottle. Scan the code when you refill your water bottle to collect 10 PIPs, up to three times a day.
- Visit the Volunteer Resource Center (VRC). Earn 50 PIPs for meeting with VRC staff to learn about personalized volunteer opportunities. After your meeting, you’ll scan a QR code to get your PIPs. You can also earn 500 PIPs for every two hours of volunteering you complete, up to six hours.
- Go to Free Friday Power Hour at The Rec. Join this free fitness class at The Rec every Friday at 5 p.m. to earn 150 PIPs. Scan the QR code offered by the instructor at the end of the class to collect your PIPs.