Note: This online course does not satisfy NIH requirements, only NSF requirements.
Go to the CITI website https://www.citiprogram.org/.
For New Users
If you are a new user, click on the Register Here link and register:
- Under Participating Institutions, scroll down and click University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Create your username and password as instructed.
- Enter your name, CU Boulder email address and complete remaining prompts. Click Submit.
- You will then be taken to a new page with contact information. Complete the page (required information is marked by an asterisk). Click Submit.
- A new page entitled Select Curriculum – University of Colorado at Boulder then will appear. Scroll down to the heading Responsible Conduct of Research and select the course appropriate for your discipline and/or field of research. All undergraduate students, regardless of field or discipline, should select the course for undergraduate students. Click Submit.
- You will then see a new page Select your institution or organization. If you wish only to be registered with the University of Colorado at Boulder, click No;
- A new page entitled Main Menu will appear. Under My Courses, Status click Enter. A new page showing a list of Elective Modules followed by Optional Modules will be shown. To begin, click on and complete The Integrity Assurance Statement. Continue.
- The lists of Elective Modules followed by Optional Modules will appear again. Complete each Elective Module (including the quiz at the end). Complete any Optional Modules of interest.
- Print out your CITI completion report for the course and retain a copy for your records.
For Previous Users
If you have already registered with CITI for their Human Subjects Research or Laboratory Animal Welfare courses, login with your username and password.
- A new page entitled Main Menu will appear. Click on Add a course or update your learner groups for University of Colorado at Boulder.
- A new page entitled Select Curriculum – University of Colorado at Boulder then will appear. Scroll down to the heading Responsible Conduct of Research and select the course appropriate for your discipline and/or field of research. All undergraduate students, regardless of field or discipline, should select the course for undergraduate students. Click Continue.
- Go to step 7 above and follow the instructions through step 10.
Additional Information for Users
- You do not need to complete the course in one session. You may log-out at any time and return to complete modules at your convenience.
- You must complete all modules with a combined score of 80. If you would like to improve your score on a quiz you may repeat it.
- Review of the content and completion of the quizzes will take about 30-35 minutes per module for the main topics;
- If you are uncertain if you require training in the responsible conduct of research at CU Boulder, please see the Responsible Research page, or contact the Responsible Conduct of Research Coordinator at email@example.com in the Research & Innovation Office.
- For problems with the CITI course, technical support is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (305) 243-7970 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST)
- Submit a voluntary, anonymous user satisfaction survey. It’s quick and will help inform us about the effectiveness of this online course.
- If students or postdocs complete an online RCR course other than through CU Boulder, they must submit an RCR Completion Form. Sign the original and submit it to the RCR Coordinator (campus mailbox: 99 UCB). Give a copy to your mentor/PI for the NIH- or NSF-funded award, and keep a copy for your records.
Thanks for your time and effort in completing this course on responsible conduct of research.