An International Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is an agreement that lists areas of possible joint activities, without creating financial obligations or committing resources. The purpose of an MOU is to acknowledge a formal, ongoing and strategic relationship between institutions that is intended to be long term, or to support a grant application.
For more information, please click here.
Review and approvals needed at CU Boulder:
- Review and approval of the Vice Chancellor for Research & Innovation. Please familiarize yourself with Research Integrity and Regulatory Compliance standards, including Export Controls. You can find information on this subject here.
- If funded research, approval by the Office of Contracts and Grants is required.
- Send to the Office of International Education for review and sharing with the Office of Export Controls, and forward to University Counsel.
- University Counsel approval (if the parties use the template approved by university counsel, the approval process is quick and straight-forward).
- Review and approval by the Office of the Provost.
- Signature by the Chancellor Designee or Provost.
Dependent on time of year; such an agreement can be approved in as little as a month. Non-standard language requires additional time for review.