Published: June 18, 2021
Michael Kester [CU Philosophy BA 1996] knows when to shift gears. He was a first-year business student at the University of Colorado Boulder in the early 1990s when he took an introduction to philosophy course and was hooked.

“It just felt right. It felt like this is what the college experience should be,” he recalled recently. “It forced me to think differently, to challenge my own biases, ask myself questions I wouldn’t have otherwise asked about the world and about myself. It was just fun.”

So much fun that he switched majors and graduated in philosophy summa cum laude in 1996. His openness to change was no fluke, as his résumé shows: 

After graduating from Harvard Law School, Kester became co-president of a leadership consulting firm, and before that served a stint as a Wall Street financial analyst. Last year, he launched Lead Belay, an affordable “peer-based leadership experience” for millennials.

None of that was in the original plan, either.” To read more, please go to the rest of the ASU Magazine article here.