Would you like to get a head start on research and have the opportunity to explore various interests during your undergrad?
The Your Own Undergraduate Research Experience at CU program (YOU'RE @ CU) may be for you! YOU'RE @ CU is an exciting opportunity to gain practical research experience in engineering by linking with a graduate student mentor. Get hands-on experience during your undergrad that will inspire you to make a world of difference! You'll work on a research project 3–5 hours per week and participate in a 15-week seminar course on research practices during the Spring 2020 semester. You'll also develop your own research hypothesis and work through the research process, culminating with a research paper and a poster session.
Applicants must be engineering majors in good academic standing.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 18th, 2020 11:59pm MST
Seminar Course: COEN-1550-800 Spring 2021, Mondays, 3:00-3:50 p.m. MST | ECCR 151/Hybrid
Details for Undergraduate Students
- Work with a graduate mentor for 3–5 hours per week
- Gain exposure and learn the fundamentals of working in a lab environment, testing a hypothesis, and analyzing data
- Participate in a 15-week seminar course for one pass/fail credit
- Make a poster about your experience and present it with your graduate mentor at the end of the semester
Details for Graduate Students
- Work with an undergraduate student for 3–5 hours per week
- Gain leadership and mentoring experience, attend a workshop on mentoring, and learn how to productively integrate an undergraduate student into a lab environment. List this on your CV under teaching and mentoring experience!
- Gain an extra set of hands to help further your research
- Present a poster about the experience—created by your undergraduate mentee—at the end of the semester.