Published: May 11, 2018

#ILookLikeAnEngineer

Why did you choose CU Engineering? 

CU Boulder offered the best engineering education in the Mountain Time zone. Plus, in-state tuition made it more affordable than schools in California or Texas.  

What does the #ILookLikeAnEngineer campaign mean to you? 

This campaign means giving those who are marginalized a voice. Engineering is often only thought of as a career for a specific type of person, however this movement gives individuals a way to be proud of their culture, heritage and diversity.  

What are your career goals? 

To go to law school and become involved in politics. Politics and the sciences have a huge disconnect in our society. I would like to help mend that gap.  

What are your hobbies? 

I like to listen to music and go to concerts. I also enjoy building and creating things like models and apps.  

What do you enjoy most about engineering? 

I enjoy the ability to go from an insane, unachievable idea to something malleable and functioning.  

What has been your favorite engineering experience so far? 

My favorite experience has been working at United Launch Alliance. I have been working on the radio frequency aspect for two years and have been able to watch things I've worked on be launched into space. 

Alec Motazedi, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Class of 2018, Highlands Ranch High School