What is ProctorU?
ProctorU is a platform that is partnered with your institution to help you take an exam online while ensuring academic integrity is upheld. Using this platform allows you the convenience of testing from home 24/7, 365 days a year.
In order to use ProctorU, you will need a reliable high-speed internet connection, a webcam (internal or external), a Windows or Apple operating system and a government issued photo ID. Please note you will not be able to use Linux systems to access ProctorU.
Windows 10 (10 S is not supported)
OS X 10.5 or higher
OS X 10.13 High Sierra
Internet Download Speed
Internet Upload Speed
Reference: ProctorU Live Resource Center
How to Use ProctorU
1. Create a ProctorU account. Click here to get started.
2. Download ProctorU's Guardian Secure Browser.
3. Schedule at least 72 hours in advance of the date/time you want to take your exam.
- Login and click the “Schedule New Session” button.
- Confirm your institution, term, and exam name, then click “Search Sessions.”
- Use the calendar and clock features on the left to select your desired testing date and time.
Note: Last Day and Time to Schedule ProctorU Exam will always be 3 days prior to the end of the session. It will always fall on a Tuesday, 4:50pm MT.
We strongly recommend that you do not start the proctored exam process until you are ready to take the exam and complete the course. Find more details about the relationship between proctored experiences and course drops/refunds in the MS-EE on Coursera Student Handbook.
- You will be able to take final exams for MS-EE courses using the ProctorU remote proctoring service between 9:00 am Mountain Time on the day session starts until 4:50 pm Mountain Time on the day your class session ends.
- You must schedule your exam at least 72 hours in advance of your desired day and time. For example, if the exam availability window closes at 4:50 pm on a Friday, the last time you could schedule an exam would be that Tuesday at 4:50 pm.
- To secure your desired exam session time, log into ProctorU and schedule your session as soon as you know your desired exams session date and time.
- View the Academic Calendar for your session to see final exam availability.
4. Test Your Equipment before exam day in an environment that is identical to where you are planning to take your exam.
- View the minimum requirements outlined on this page.
- Click here to log in to your ProctorU account and test your equipment.
5. Know What to Expect. See below for more information:
- Video: Student Experience for Colleges and Universities – explains what you will need and what’s expected before and during your exam
- ProctorU Test-taker Resource Center
- 5 Steps for Student Guide
- This program adheres to the University of Colorado Boulder’s commitment to the protection of individual privacy. Please see the CU Boulder privacy statement.
- ProctorU MythBusters: 4 Ways We DON'T Invade Our Test Takers' Privacy