Published: Aug. 25, 2021

The research and teaching missions of the Department of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering are getting a boost in fall 2021, with five new faculty members joining its ranks. We are excited to have them on the team — read on to learn more about what each of them brings to the department. 

Sagnik Basumallik

Instructor, Partnership Program with Colorado Mesa

I am excited to join the University of Colorado Boulder as a faculty of electrical engineering and look forward to contributing to the success of the partnership program with Colorado Mesa University.”

Luca Corradini

Associate Professor, Power Electronics Engineering Research Area

I am humbled and excited about joining the vibrant CU Boulder community, and I look forward to further enhancing the excellent research and teaching power electronics program at ECEE. I am also eager to establish interdisciplinary collaborations within the department and the college thanks to the intellectually rich and productive environment offered by CU."

Scott Diddams

Visiting Professor, Photonics and Quantum Engineering Research Area
Joining the department full time in fall 2022

I am delighted to be joining the ECEE Department at the University of Colorado, where I look forward to working together with the excellent faculty and staff to continually enhance discovery, education and innovation at CU.”

András Gyenis

Assistant Professor, Photonics and Quantum Engineering Research Area

I’m looking forward to establishing an experimental quantum lab to explore the potential of novel error-resistive building blocks of quantum processors."

Gongguo Tang

Associate Professor, Learning, Information, Network, Communication & Data Sciences Research Area

I am excited about the endless opportunities to work with the wonderful researchers and talented students in CU Boulder, and continuing exploring the great outdoors with my wife and two little kids in Boulder and Colorado.”