Have questions about forms and petitions?

Our advisors can walk you through each petition and form, including the process,
evaluation and general strategies to use when submitting them.

Schedule an Appointment


Do you want to transfer into Arts & Sciences?

If you are a CU Boulder student in the College of Engineering, Business, ENVD, Music or CMCI, you can apply to transfer to the College of Arts and Sciences or declare a major using the intra-university transfer (IUT) process. For questions about this process, please contact the Arts and Sciences Academic Operations team at asoperations@colorado.edu or call (303) 735-5591.

Start Your IUT Today

Are you planning to take a class at another school?

Check to see if it will transfer before you take it!

  • First check Transferology to see if the courses you’re considering have already been evaluated.
  • If your class is not in Transferology, use this form to request for the course to be reviewed.   

Apply for Transfer Credit Pre-Approval


Would you like to petition to drop a course past the 10 week deadline?

Late drop petitions are for students to request an exception to drop a class beyond the 10-week drop deadline posted on the Office of the Registrar’s website. The petition is used only for extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control which prevented the student from dropping the class by the posted deadline.

Filling out the petition does NOT result in automatic approval.

Students are expected to keep attending classes and submitting work until they have received an official approval of the late drop. Petitions will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on the last day of classes for the term, during the fall and spring terms. No petitions will be accepted once finals begin and the term has ended. This form is only for use by students enrolled solely in the College of Arts and Sciences. 

For questions about this process, please contact the Arts and Sciences Academic Operations team at asoperations@colorado.edu or call (303) 735-5591. 

Late Drop Petition

Do you want to add a course after the add deadline?

  • If you aren't registered in the class, ask your instructor for permission to add. 
  • Write the department who is teaching the class (e.g. if it is an English class, go to the English department).   

Is it the last week of the term or has the semester just ended?

  • If you have completed a course but mistakenly were not registered for it, please complete the retroactive add petition below.
  • Print the petition and ask for your instructor's help, as they will need to fill out part of it and sign it!
  • Electronically submit your petition to ascurriculum@colorado.edu or bring your completed petition to the Curricular Affairs office in Old Main 1B90 or send it via campus mail UCB 275.
  • If your petition is approved, your instructor will then submit a change of record form to add the course to your record.

Retroactive Add Petition

Are you appealing to be reinstated into main campus classes?

If you have taken coursework outside of the CU system and your cumulative GPA from CU combined with your grades and credits taken at another institution after your suspension is higher than a 2.000, you can submit this petition.

For questions about this process, please contact the Arts and Sciences Academic Operations team at asoperations@colorado.edu or call (303) 735-5591.

Reinstatement Petition

Do you want to take more than 21 credits this semester?

For information on credit hour limitations, please see the registrar office's "Get Ready to Register" article. To see the impact on your tuition, please see the bursar's "Tution and Fee Rate Sheets" page.

Credit Overload Petition

Would you like to apply to replace a low grade?

  • Under the grade replacement policy, degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students may retake a course in which they earned a low grade (C- or lower) in an attempt to improve their cumulative and/or major/minor GPAs.
  • If you retake a course for grade replacement, the grade you earned in the most recent prior attempt will still appear on your transcript, but it will be replaced by the grade you earned in the latest attempt in your cumulative GPA and credit totals. For more information on this policy, please visit the registrar's grade replacement page.
  • This policy is effective Fall 2019.  It can only be used on classes you are retaking Fall 2019 or later.  

Grade Replacement Form

Are you taking a class pass/fail that you want to take for a grade?

  • For more information on arts and sciences' policy on pass/fail credit limitations, visit the CU Boulder Catalog's A&S "Requirements" page, click "Credit Limitations," and scroll down to the "Pass/Fail Credit" section. Do have a conversation with your advisor before electing to take a course pass/fail.
  • If you are taking a class pass/fail that is not allowed to be pass/fail, please complete the Pass/Fail-to-Graded petition. 
  • Note: You cannot petition to change a class from graded to pass/fail.  

For questions about this process, please contact the Arts and Sciences Academic Operations team at asoperations@colorado.edu or call (303) 735-5591.

Pass/Fail-to-Graded Petition & No Credit to Credit Petition

Letters of Good Standing

Letters of Good Standing (Academic)

For Common Application College Report requests, visit the registrar's transcripts page.

Letters of Good Standing (Conduct)

For letters of good standing related to conduct, email the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution or connect by phone at (303) 492-5550.

If you require information regarding your standing both in terms of academics and conduct, please contact the registrar’s office for assistance.


Declaring a Major or Minor in the College of Arts & Sciences

Are you currently declared in a major (including open option) in the College of Arts & Sciences and plan to change your major? Do you plan to add or drop an additional major and/or minor? You can meet with an advisor during their open hours or during a major declaration meeting to change/add to your academic plan.

Advisors’ open hours are posted online and in myCUHub. New major meetings are also listed in myCUHub.

Students* who wish to add, drop and/or change a major or minor without meeting with an advisor can navigate the menus below their student success team photos in myCUHub to an online major/minor add/drop form.

*First-year students are required to meet with their advisor to add, drop or change majors and minors.