Spring break is just around the corner. Many campus services, including dining, bus transportation and residence hall front desk hours, will be reduced throughout spring break. Whether you live on or off campus, review some reminders and tips before you leave town.
All residence halls, including Bear Creek and Weber Hall remain open for any resident throughout the duration of spring break. Hall access doors will be locked and accessible by current residents only.
Before you leave for break
- Make sure windows are closed and locked, and blinds are closed
- Unplug electrical appliances (residence hall students only)
- Clean your micro-fridge and set to low (residence hall students only)
- Set your heaters on low
- Remove trash and recycling from the building
- Turn off your lights
- Make sure your room door is completely closed and locked
- Remember to pack all important documents or valuable items such as plane tickets, ID and passport, jewelry, medicines, etc.
- Store any bikes in your room during breaks, if space is available and it does not block exits.
Learn more about leaving for break.
If you are leaving for break
- Before you leave, find someone willing to clear snow off of your property. Snow must be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours of a snow fall.
- Ask a friend to collect your mail and pick up newspapers and/or any trash in your yard. If you’ll be gone for a longer period of time, consider having the post office hold your mail while you’re away.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked. Move any expensive items such as laptops away from windows where they may be visible, or bring them with you. Make sure your bike is securely locked, or bring it inside if you can.
- Set your lights on a timer and your heat to a reasonable temperature, about 60 degrees to prevent any pipes freezing.
- Don’t leave pets by themselves. Find someone to take care of them while you are away.
The Buff Pantry supports all campus affiliates who are experiencing food insecurity. Over spring break, the Buff Pantry will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, March 27, and Tuesday, March 28. The Buff Pantry is located in the University Memorial Center (UMC) basement 1B73, near the lower level of the CU Book Store.
Campus will be closed on Friday, March 31, for a university holiday.
Campus Dining Services
On-campus dining options will be limited during spring break—view dining hours and closures.
CU NightRide will be closed March 24–April 2. We encourage you to look at alternative transportation options through CU Boulder Parking & Transportation Services.
Getting around campus
The Buff Bus will cease normal operations at the end of the normal schedule on Friday, March 24. No service will be offered March 25–31. Regular Buff Bus service resumes on Sunday, April 2.
Health and Wellness Services
Health and Wellness Services departments will have adjusted hours over spring break.
The libraries will be on special hours on spring break March 25–April 2 and resume normal operations Monday, April 3. Special hours.
University Memorial Center
The UMC and The Connection will have limited hours March 24–April 2 and will be closed March 31 and April 1.
Career Services will offer virtual appointments Monday–Thursday, March 27-30, scheduled via Buff Portal Advising (undergrads) or LiveChat (grad students/alumni) and will be closed Friday, March 31. There will be no office hours or workshops over the break. Use our free online tools for help with major and career exploration, job and internship search, resumes, interview prep, skill building and more.