The 25th annual awards program recognizes outstanding individuals and departments who demonstrate a sincere commitment to continuing the CU Boulder tradition of leadership and student participation in campus sustainability. Awardees exhibit innovation that directly reduces the university's ecological footprint, enhances social cohesion and equity in the campus community, and/or integrates sustainability into the culture of Boulder and our local communities.
This year, there are eight campus sustainability awardees:
- Distribution Center Mail and Package Services, Departmental Achievement
- Clint Carroll, Green Faculty
- Center for Native American and Indigenous Studies, Departmental Achievement
- NEST Studio for the Arts, Departmental Achievement
- CIRES Earth Lab, Civic Achievement
- Facilities Management Outdoor Services, Departmental Achievement
- Claudius Mundoma, Special Recognition for Individual Achievement
- Office of Chancellor Events and Outreach Team, Departmental Achievement
Additionally, there are three awardees from the CU Green Labs Program:
- Department of Physics Helium Facility, Partnership for Lab Sustainability
- Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Departmental Achievement
- JILA W. M. Keck Lab, Laboratory Achievement
Awards will be in the form of a 100% recycled-content plaque presented by campus leadership. There is not a monetary award. Since recipients from 2020 and 2021 were not able to participate in an in-person event, they will also be acknowledged at this year’s ceremony.
The awards will be presented by campus leadership at the April 21 Campus Sustainability Summit. Learn more about the Campus Sustainability Awards program and the 2022 awardees.