The University of Colorado wishes to recognize outstanding efforts toward continuing the leadership and legacy of sustainability at CU Boulder. Since 1997 the Annual Campus Sustainability Awards have recognized individuals, departments, and offices that have made a significant contribution to reducing the ecological footprint and increasing the resilience of campus infrastructure and improving social cohesion and equity in campus communities. Outstanding efforts make CU's successful and challenging approaches to attaining sustainability possible. The awardees exemplify CU's continuing efforts to become a sustainable institution and set an example for environmental stewardship and responsibility. Some of the awardees have made groundbreaking efforts that will change the overall way CU operates, and others make an impact on the community and campus environment with their everyday actions.
The Awards happen every April in conjunction with the Campus Sustainability Summit.
Call for Nominations
Nominations deadline for 2022 is extended to March 15th.
Nominate outstanding individuals and departments who demonstrate a sincere commitment to transforming the CU Boulder campus into a living laboratory for sustainability through innovation that directly reduces the university's ecological footprint, enhances social equity and cohesion in the campus community or integrates sustainability into the culture of our local communities.
Sustainability Award Archives
Campus Sustainability Awards Committee (2022)
- Lisa Barlow, Associate Teaching Professor, Environment and Natural Sciences Residential Academic Program and Environmental Studies Department
- Virginia Schultz, Coordinator, CU Conference Services
- Marianne Martin, Associate Director, Environmental Center
- Teresa Eastburn, Education & Engagement Manager, Sustainability Innovation Lab at CO (SILC)
- Edward von Bleichert, Sustainabiltiy and Resiliency Program Manager, Infrastructure and Sustainability