Did you know there are departments and programs at CU Boulder dedicated to helping you explore your interests? Check out these opportunities on campus!
The time you give back matters and your role as a volunteer can have a meaningful impact on the community you serve.
If you want to gain skills and learn more about community issues, consider registering for SKOServe. These mini educational trainings explore various topics related to volunteering and social and environmental justice. These sessions through the VRC allow you to gain knowledge and awareness of your role as a volunteer.
Health and wellness
If you’re interested in health and wellness, here are some ways you can get involved.
- Get involved with HealthBuffs! This program consists of peer educators, peer wellness coaches, volunteers and interns who are committed to promoting student health and wellness here at CU.
- Find your fit at The Rec. Join an intramural or club sports team, take fitness classes and check out the virtual Outdoor Program.
- Attend Wellness Wednesdays, Fri-Yay Nights and Inclusive Rec events.
Inclusion and diversity
Do you enjoy learning about and celebrating other cultures? Get involved with these organizations.
- Dennis Small Cultural Center (DSCC): As the cultural diversity center of the UMC, the DSCC partners with campus departments and student groups to celebrate nationally recognized history and heritage months throughout the year.
- Multicultural Greek Council: These organizations provide students with opportunities to develop leadership skills, cultural awareness and academic scholarship.
- Center for Inclusion and Social Change: This center supports all students in the exploration of all of their identities. They create a welcoming and inclusive space on campus that supports academic and personal growth. Check out other programs and events to get involved.
Sustainability and the environment
Did you know that CU Boulder was the first university to establish a recycling program? The Environmental Center has many programs to help you go green. Join the Sustainable Buffs Community for opportunities to engage in community building, education and leadership in sustainability.
Through the Center for Student Involvement, there are a few opportunities to gain experience with planning and attending events.
- Cultural Events Board: This student organization is dedicated to filling cultural voids on campus through event programming and funding for student groups.
- Distinguished Speakers Board: Inspire others by helping to bring some of the world’s greatest minds to CU Boulder.
- Program Council: Gain experience and insight into the entertainment industry by planning music and film events throughout the year.
Looking to develop your leadership skills? Check out these programs!
- Resident Advisor: Support first-year students in finding their community on campus and adjust to life at CU. Application deadline is 11:59 p.m. Oct. 9.
- CU Student Ambassador program: Join this team of student tour guides to serve prospective students and their families.
- Journey Leader: Help new students and families feel welcome at CU by sharing stories, answering questions and directing them to resources. Applications open early December.
For additional leadership opportunities go to the Center for Leadership website for more information.
Want more ways to explore? Check out our Fall Events website, ways to get involved and more on the Student Affairs website. Be sure to follow us on social media @CUBoulderLife on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.