About Catalog Production
The CU Boulder catalog constitutes the official record of the curricular requirements and course descriptions that apply to students who formally enter an academic program that year.
The catalog also contains:
- A summary of campus policies and requirements
- Descriptions of colleges, schools and departments
- Faculty listings
- Program learning outcomes and recommended plans of study
To stay informed of catalog production updates, subscribe to our mailing list.
Friday, Oct. 4: Deadline to submit workflow updates.
Friday, Oct. 18: Workflows initiated for all academic program pages; catalog edits begin.
Friday, Dec. 13:
- Deadline for all academic department reviewers to approve catalog pages.
- Workflows initiated for all other catalog pages; edits to these pages begin.
Friday, Feb. 7, 2020:
- Deadline for all college- and school-level reviewers to approve catalog pages.
- Deadline for all non-academic program page reviewers to approve pages.
Friday, Feb. 28: Degree audit team reviews all academic program pages, and will encode degree audits based on requirements as defined in the catalog.
Monday, March 23: Catalog team completes final review of all catalog pages (consistency, structural improvements and style guide alignment).
April 2020: CU Boulder 2020–21 catalog published.
Attend a drop-in working session to get one-on-one support from the catalog team and get your catalog questions answered, including how to:
- Access your catalog pages
- Edit program information in the catalog
- Navigate course tables, plan of study grids and shared/borrowed content
- Approve catalog pages
No appointment necessary; just bring a laptop. All sessions will be held in Regent 1B60 (lower level) unless otherwise noted.
Monday, Oct. 28, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 8, 8–10 a.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 19, 9:30–11:30 a.m.
Thursday, Dec. 5, 1–3 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 11, 9–11 a.m.
Friday, Dec. 13, 1–3 p.m. (ARC 150, East Campus)
Submit a Correction
If corrections are needed to your catalog page(s), complete the form below.
Note: Course proposals and revisions are managed through our curriculum inventory management system (CIM). To submit a proposal or revision, see Course Proposals.
Only the catalog production team has access to modify the faculty database. To request an update, see Faculty Lists.
If you've had staff turnover or otherwise need to adjust the workflows of who should edit, review and approve any of your pages, submit the form below. Please note that any workflow updates will take effect during the next catalog publication cycle (2021–22).
This catalog was published in April 2019.
Friday, Sept. 21, 2018: Catalog staff contacted contributors to request workflow updates.
Monday, Oct. 8, 2018: Deadline to submit workflow edits.
Monday, Oct. 15, 2018: Catalog staff initiated workflows for all academic program pages; catalog edits began.
Monday, Nov. 19, 2018: Deadline for department-level catalog editors to approve pages.
Friday, Dec. 14, 2018: Catalog staff initiated workflows for all non-academic program pages; catalog edits to those pages began.
Deadline for college-level editors to approve pages.
- Deadline for non-academic program page editors to submit and approve pages.
Thursday, April 4, 2019: Catalog staff published the 2019–20 catalog.
The catalog team held regular drop-in hours to support catalog contributors one-on-one with content creation, revision and approval.
Sessions in Regent 1B60 unless otherwise noted:
- Thursday, Oct. 18, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 8–10 a.m.
- Friday, Nov. 9, 8–10 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 12, 9:30–11:30 a.m. (Regent 1B86)
- Monday, Nov. 19, 12:30–3:30 p.m.
The catalog team hosted additional drop-in sessions in Spring 2019 to support those reviewing non-academic program page content.
- Thursday, Jan. 31, 2–4 p.m. – Regent 1B60
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2–4 p.m. – ARC 150 (East Campus)
- Class Enrollment
- Class & Facility Scheduling
- Curriculum & Catalog
- Faculty & Staff Calendar
- Grade Processing
- Program Enrollment
- Records & Privacy
- Student Data & Systems Access
- Training & Support